Daninsky's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Damn man, that is a hell of a collection! I like the hints of Easton Press books in there too.

Are you missing Nosferatu Studies in the Horror Film? Can't figure out the others off the top of my head.
    Nope, that's actually it in the center of that last photo. I AM missing Paul Monette's novelization of Herzog's Nosferatu, however.

I am also missing Claw of the Conciliator, Sword of the Lictor, and Citadel of the Autarch (Wolfe)
    To Walk the Night (Sloane)
    The Hot Spot (Williams)
    Film Studies for The Exorcist, Night of the Living Dead, and Videodrome
    and the art books for Don Brautigam and Max Ernst.

I am technically missing Chimera I and II, as well, I guess, but I am not actually sure which imprint they're even on, Centipede, Millipede, or one of the others. So whether I count them as missing depends on my mood at the time, hahaa. I would certainly buy them if I found them, though, so I guess I should say I am technically missing 13, not 11.

Comment

Ah, that makes sense. I saw one Nosferatu, but not two, so I knew one had to be missing.

Comment

Good Lord… What an amazingly beautiful and impressive collection. I can't even think of how long I've been looking for a copy of THE SEARCH FOR JOSEPH TULLEY...and there it is. I was beginning to think that I had imagined that they had published it, especially since I don't believe it's on their Books page.

My jealousy is only tempered by the fact that I have the Monette and Sloane volumes.

Referencing your earlier offer, I would love to see some additional close-up photos of THE SEARCH FOR JOSEPH TULLY.
        Last edited by RonClinton; 01-09-2017, 09:42 PM.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Referencing your earlier offer, I would love to see some additional close-up photos of THE SEARCH FOR JOSEPH TULLY.
          Certainly! And make sure to check your PMs please. Potentially interesting proposition in there for you.
          Attached Files

Comment

Very cool to see that, after looking for a copy for so long -- thank you for posting those pics, really appreciate it.

I suspect all the above photos will be revisited by me a number of times...what an outstanding Centipede collection. Good luck in your completist search!

Comment

I take back my 'awesome' comment; that's a spectacular collection!

You're like the James Bond of books, where women want you and men want to be you.
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Very cool to see that, after looking for a copy for so long -- thank you for posting those pics, really appreciate it.

I suspect all the above photos will be revisited by me a number of times...what an outstanding Centipede collection. Good luck in your completist search!
                Thanks so much for your kind words! The investment (in effort, time, and money) in assembling all of these was fairly substantial so I am always thrilled when someone else get to enjoy and appreciate them as well. I collect about six other publishers (all of which I will post here in the coming days), but none quite as extensively as Centipede. The authors that Jerad picks tend to be very firmly in my wheelhouse with only a few exceptions, so I fell in love with his press the day I found it.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                  You're like the James Bond of books, where women want you and men want to be you.
                  Hah shitfire, man. I'll admit that these books bring me a tremendous amount of joy as well as some periodic friendly (I hope!) envy from fellow bibliophiles...but the one thing they HAVEN'T brought me is roomfuls of adoring women!
                  On the bright side, my wife is very understanding of my hobbies, so I've got that situation positioned about as happily as it can be.

Thanks again for your kind words, though. It really does totally make my day to share. And I love looking at you guys' stuff, too, make no mistake.
                  Last edited by Daninsky; 01-09-2017, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Really Excellent, Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Dear lord, man! That is one amazing collection of Centipede Press books! Some of those editions I didn't even know existed like the monstrous MotWT, which is just so cool. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice collection!

Comment

Well, I was going to go through and post my library by publisher in descending order of collection size, but I decided that I'd better post my CD stuff next, given that this is CD's site and all! Unfortunately, I actually started collecting Cemetery Dance a good deal later than most of the other publishers in my library, so my CD shelf is going to look a bit anti-climatic after all those Centipede photos. On the other hand, I do have a goodly number of CD publications on pre-order right now, so this shelf is going to fill out in due course. But for the moment, this is what I have from CD and, small as it may be, I am quite pleased to have what I do!
                          Attached Files

Comment

It's a good start! I'm a big fan of the Fangoria book, I have the regular s/l. CD's leather bound lettered copies were truly something to behold. I wish I'd been able to order some while they were being produced.

Comment

Do you collect by publisher then...I know you're attempting to complete the Centipede collection w/ a full run of their books...is that the case with the other several publishers you say you collect?

I collect by author and the degree of interest I have in reading the book...but I know those with the completist collector gene often collect by publisher, with the author(s) incidental, and shots of their full-run collections are always a lot of fun to see.

By the way, how long have you been collecting? That Centipede collection must've taken some time to accumulate...

Comment

Do you collect by publisher then...I know you're attempting to complete the Centipede collection w/ a full run of their books...is that the case with the other several publishers you say you collect?

I collect by author and the degree of interest I have in reading the book...but I know those with the completist collector gene often collect by publisher, with the author(s) incidental, and shots of their full-run collections are always a lot of fun to see.

By the way, how long have you been collecting? That Centipede collection must've taken some time to accumulate...
                                I would not envy anyone trying to collect the entire CD library. There's some stuff even we can't get our hands on.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X