Anybody interested?... Pet Sematary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody interested?... Pet Sematary

Pet Sematary has always been my favorite King book. I read it at least once a year, sometimes twice. Would anyone else be interested in some kind of an anniversary edition?

I'm all for a limited edition of ANYTHING King ha. But yeah I do enjoy this book. It is interesting to read King's opinion of this book, it was in the Stephen King Illustrated Companion. I am sure it is in several places though, and can be found via google.

Comment

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
      I'm all for a limited edition of ANYTHING King ha.
      +1

sk

Comment

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
        I'm all for a limited edition of ANYTHING King ha. But yeah I do enjoy this book. It is interesting to read King's opinion of this book, it was in the Stephen King Illustrated Companion. I am sure it is in several places though, and can be found via google.
        I just found this online.. I've never read his opinion, nor did I know it was partially based on family experience.. Interesting....

Comment

ABSOLUTE-AMOONDO!!!!!!! PS is the last true full-blooded horror novel King has authored!!!

Creepy scenario....check!

Sketchy character development (so as not to detract from the horror)....check!

Kill the family pet and the kid (always effective)....check!

Finale designed to drive you up the wall (it even scared King!)....check!

Anniversary, illustrated, bound in rotting cat-skin! I'm in! (ok, maybe not that last bit, but...I want one!)
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I would LOVE a signed limited of Pet Semetary. I think that if that's not my favorite King book, it would be have to be tied for first or at worst second place.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
              +1

sk

frik51, I think you're more of the +3 type!!! Didn't you get all 3 editions of IT???

Comment

I would love to see one done for this book. I read this one in 2004 while I was in Iraq and finished it in about a day or so. Had a laptop and computer games to play but just couldn't put the book down. Except when I had to because I had a job to do of course
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                  frik51, I think you're more of the +3 type!!! Didn't you get all 3 editions of IT???
                  Guilty as charged.
                  Then again, living in Europe helps, as our Euro is worth quite a bit more than the US Dollar.
                  Paying $2000.00 for a lettered IT cost me about €1400.00.
                  Of course, there's shipping and tax to consider, which adds considerably to the final amount, but a strong Euro (or should I say, weak Dollar?) does help.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    ABSOLUTE-AMOONDO!!!!!!! PS is the last true full-blooded horror novel King has authored!!!

Creepy scenario....check!

Sketchy character development (so as not to detract from the horror)....check!

Kill the family pet and the kid (always effective)....check!

Finale designed to drive you up the wall (it even scared King!)....check!

Anniversary, illustrated, bound in rotting cat-skin! I'm in! (ok, maybe not that last bit, but...I want one!)
                    So, I sat in bed last night thinking about cover art if they ever did an anniversary edition.. Something perspective where you're low to the grass to the side of the road. All you see are fresh skid marks and on the shoulder of the road, a childs shoe. Or maybe something with Zelda? She scares the hell outta me.

Comment

I think you would still need to show that creepy nasty-ass cat!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X