No announcement yet.

What are you Reading this Holloween!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't usually have a themed seasonal read (I can barely do the themed seasonal movies I always tell myself to do,) but this year I do have something for Halloween - and I think I got the idea from this board -

Yesterday, I received a card in the mail with a logo that said "Your 2016 Halloween Card Is Inside!" What is this?

It's a signed and numbered card from a Deena Warner with a creepy Halloween cover, along with a story on the inside.

So now I have a Halloween read.

(Other things currently reading - about 91% of the way done with The Wolf's Hour from McCammon, about a quarter of the way through the 6th volume of Kurt Busiek's wonder Astro City series, and I have to read a team building book for work (maybe that's the true horror novel!)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      I don't usually have a themed seasonal read (I can barely do the themed seasonal movies I always tell myself to do,) but this year I do have something for Halloween - and I think I got the idea from this board -

Yesterday, I received a card in the mail with a logo that said "Your 2016 Halloween Card Is Inside!" What is this?

It's a signed and numbered card from a Deena Warner with a creepy Halloween cover, along with a story on the inside.

So now I have a Halloween read.

(Other things currently reading - about 91% of the way done with The Wolf's Hour from McCammon, about a quarter of the way through the 6th volume of Kurt Busiek's wonder Astro City series, and I have to read a team building book for work (maybe that's the true horror novel!)
      I also received my Deena Warner card yesterday as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I also received my Deena Warner card yesterday as well!
        This will be a fun surprise every year. Glad I signed up!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          This will be a fun surprise every year. Glad I signed up!
          Received mine as well. Forgot all about it. Can't remember who turned me on to it but thanks!

Comment

I made my way through 4 horror (or horror-esque) books this October. Stir of Echoes, Ghost Story, Something Wicked This Way Comes, and Books of Blood v. 1. I also peppered my readings with shorter selections from anthologies from Algernon Blackwood, M.R. James, Robert Aickman (still reading this one), and a few others.

Now I'm kind of ina limbo state, uncertain what to read next. Read a few more shorts from Ambrose Bierce in the interim.

No Deena Warner card yet

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
              I made my way through 4 horror (or horror-esque) books this October. Stir of Echoes, Ghost Story, Something Wicked This Way Comes, and Books of Blood v. 1. I also peppered my readings with shorter selections from anthologies from Algernon Blackwood, M.R. James, Robert Aickman (still reading this one), and a few others.

Now I'm kind of ina limbo state, uncertain what to read next. Read a few more shorts from Ambrose Bierce in the interim.

No Deena Warner card yet
              Well, done! I just started Certain Dark Things Silvia Moreno-Garcia. Vampires in Mexico City......

Comment

Working...
              X