1st Edition vs 1st Book Club Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Edition vs 1st Book Club Edition

So this weekend, went to check out a local Value Village. Their book selection can be quite good. To my surprise I see what looks like 1st edition HCs of The Shining, Carrie, Pet Sematary, Salem's Lot. Upon further inspection.......inside the dust jacket it is printed Book Club Edition.

So that being said...... Is there much collector value in these versions?

Pretty much none beyond your enjoyment...

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      Pretty much none beyond your enjoyment...
      LOL - just as I suspected. They look pretty cool, and the dust jackets are identical to true 1st ed (at least from what I can tell), although they are "shorter" than the other King 1st HC.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
        LOL - just as I suspected. They look pretty cool, and the dust jackets are identical to true 1st ed (at least from what I can tell), although they are "shorter" than the other King 1st HC.

When I was a lot younger, I ordered Carrie through The Stand, did not order Night Shift (kicking myself now of course) and those initial book WERE shorter, roughly book club height. Unless of course the bookstore I had ordered them through somehow messed up, but none of them said BCE. PET of course was normal height.

Comment

Same thing has happened to me a couple of times at Goodwill, But once, it really was a 1st ED of the Stand. The quality of the Double Day titles is pretty questionable, rough cut edges, crappy paper etc, I've actually found some book BCEs that were of better quality.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
            There won't be a price on the front flap of the BCEs. There's also usually a five- to seven-digit number printed somewhere on the back of the dust jacket of BCEs which isn't present on a standard HC dust jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              There won't be a price on the front flap of the BCEs. There's also usually a five- to seven-digit number printed somewhere on the back of the dust jacket of BCEs which isn't present on a standard HC dust jacket.
              Noticed the lack of pricing. Regardless, these are in fantastic shape, and considering I don't have those few titles in 1st ed HC, I had to scoop them up.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that. I have a very early BCE of 'Salem's Lot to tide me over until I get a true first.

Comment

Working...
                X