No announcement yet.

Downsizing Lettered Editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AE of October Dreams is looks fantastic!

Comment

Yeah, that's really cool. Thanks for the pics!
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Man, what a stunning copy!

Comment

Very cool looking book!

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics… I've never seen that one, either, so it was very cool to see.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Really wonderful book. It truly is a piece of art.

Comment

I remember sending an art file of a painting I did specifically for the OD-AE portfolio. I never saw the finished product, not even sure the portfolio of art was ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
                  I remember sending an art file of a painting I did specifically for the OD-AE portfolio. I never saw the finished product, not even sure the portfolio of art was ever done.
                  I have seen the AE book for OCtober Dreams pop up a few times. Have not heard of an Art Portfolio, assuming it did not happen but if it did I would love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    I have seen the AE book for OCtober Dreams pop up a few times. Have not heard of an Art Portfolio, assuming it did not happen but if it did I would love to see it.
                    Couldn't tell you on the portfolio. I wish we even still had a single copy of the AE for that one though. Some of those early AE's we did there where no extra books or cases and we don't have office copies even for reference.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hi Keith, pretty sure the portfolio went out with the Lettered. While the AE came with a framed original from Chadbourne.

Comment

The thing is, at that time I didn't yet have the equipment to create digital art files, so I had the painting photographed professionally and sent as a 3x5" transparency. The painting itself was given to a former friend to help decorate her new B&B, and that was the last I saw of it. One of those lost images, I guess. As I recall, it was of a four-square style house decked out for Halloween night which, when you looked at it, became clearly not a house, but a huge, subtly evil jack-o-lantern.

Comment

I would love to see that. Do have any prints of your work available? I'm always looking for neat Halloween artwork and I'm lots of other folks here are as well.

Comment

No, sorry. I stopped doing genre illustration work a few years ago (well, except for a little bit for my White Noise Press imprint). These days I am concentrating on traditional oil painting and watercolor painting - landscapes, roofscapes, still-lifes - that sort of thing. Thanks for your interest, though.

Comment

No, sorry. I stopped doing genre illustration work a few years ago (well, except for a little bit for my White Noise Press imprint).
                              I own the original pencil drawing you did for Jack Ketchum's story "The Box", and it is an amazing piece of work, in my opinion.

Comment

I have several archival boxes piled up in my studio, stuffed with original magazine and book illustrations I did for CD from the early 1990s through 2010 or so, plus work for Subterranean, Weird Tales, etc. I am glad the Ketchum illustration found a good home.

Comment

Working...
                                X