Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeping Beauties By Stephen King and Owen King to be released in 2017

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I'm starting to be worn down as well. I too passed on both editions, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't pick up a gift edition. Right now, I'm contemplating a pretty sizeable shift in my collecting goals, so that's holding me off as well.
    If it helps, place the reservation with Kim @ Camelot (if you weren't already planning on doing so)...at least that way you don't have to worry about paying for it for quite some time, which if you're like me helps blunt the pain and anxiety of placing the order on a book you'd already told yourself 'no' to.

Btw, what "sizeable shift" are you contemplating? Curious minds want to know...

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    I'm the worst when it comes to collecting goals... I make them then, inevitably, I break them.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Hey, guys. Just wanted to make you aware of this in case anyone is interested.

Oblong Books & Music advised me via email that they would only be accepting orders for inscribed copies by Owen through 2:30 EST today. After that, they'd only have flat signed copies by Owen. Link below:

Oblong Books & Music

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    A bit of info for collectors:

UK Publisher Hodder have published 5 variant designs that are exclusive to the first edition hardback. 4 were available randomly through booksellers and featured different foil embossed animal on the front of the boards: A fox, a snake, a moth and a tiger. The 5th animal, a peacock was an exclusive to one particular retailer in limited quantities.
    I don't know who the fifth retailer is, unfortunately, as I got this info from a special offer through a UK book seller.

Speaking of, I have no intention of taking the book seller up on the offer, but it seems like a decent deal so I'm willing to pick it up, at cost, for someone here. It's all five covers, and the cost is 150 plus shipping. If you're interested, shoot me an email at donaldmcobb at gmail dot com with your address so the seller can calculate shipping cost (warning: it is not going to be cheap, they send via registered airmail). First come, first served, and I'll need payment relatively quickly so I can pay the book seller. They have a very limited stock, so decide fast .

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    A bit of info for collectors:

I don't know who the fifth retailer is, unfortunately, as I got this info from a special offer through a UK book seller.

Speaking of, I have no intention of taking the book seller up on the offer, but it seems like a decent deal so I'm willing to pick it up, at cost, for someone here. It's all five covers, and the cost is 150 plus shipping. If you're interested, shoot me an email at donaldmcobb at gmail dot com with your address so the seller can calculate shipping cost (warning: it is not going to be cheap, they send via registered airmail). First come, first served, and I'll need payment relatively quickly so I can pay the book seller. They have a very limited stock, so decide fast .
    That seems awful pricy as the books originally sold for 10 each. The peacock is exclusive to Tesco. Although without a UK contact to help hunt down each variant for you, this might be your best option if you must have them all. On top of this, the WH Smith purple editions also have the 4 variant animals. That's 9 total variants for just the UK 1st/1st trade editions alone. 2nd printings forward will not contain an animal imprint on the front board.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That seems awful pricy as the books originally sold for 10 each. The peacock is exclusive to Tesco. Although without a UK contact to help hunt down each variant for you, this might be your best option if you must have them all. On top of this, the WH Smith purple editions also have the 4 variant animals. That's 9 total variants for just the UK 1st/1st trade editions alone. 2nd printings forward will not contain an animal imprint on the front board.
    Oh wow, I didn't realize they were selling for so low; I figured they'd be equivalent to US prices, which would make this a better deal.

This is also why I don't try to collect everything King - it can get out of hand FAST.

Edit: And the book seller offering this set is Anderida books, if anyone wants to try contacting them directly. They were pretty specific that the deal was for their newsletter subscribers only, though.
    Last edited by slayn666; 09-28-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't realize they were selling for so low; I figured they'd be equivalent to US prices, which would make this a better deal.

This is also why I don't try to collect everything King - it can get out of hand FAST.

20 is the list price but H&S seems to always discount them to 10 upon release or preorder. At least my comic variant addiction is less costly

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Just a heads up. Our slipcases for these will probably start shipping tomorrow / Monday.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Just a heads up. Our slipcases for these will probably start shipping tomorrow / Monday.
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Hopefully there will be some extras left. I never imagined that I would get two signed editions from the book tour so I’m hoping I can get slipcases for those.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Hopefully there will be some extras left. I never imagined that I would get two signed editions from the book tour so I’m hoping I can get slipcases for those.
    I'm pretty positive we're going to have plenty of extras. I'm sure Brian or I will post here once we're done shipping the pre-orders and put the extras on the site.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Sweet! I'll be on the lookout for that announcement.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    For those who were hoping we would have extra slipcases for the US trade hardcover of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, please see this link while supplies last:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/sleepin...-slipcase.html

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    The USPS decided to send my Sleeping Beauty Slipcases on a scenic tour before delivering them to me. The were scheduled for delivery today. This morning I got an email with a new delivery date of Monday with an update that they are currently in Spokane. Packages to my neck of the woods normally flow through Federal Way not Spokane. I hope they get a chance to check out the falls, I love downtown Spokane around the falls.

Spokane has falls?

Spokane has falls?
    Yes. Right in downtown. One side is a really nice park and the other side is Gonzaga University:
    Upper_Spokane_Falls_20070217.jpg090523016 Middle Spokane Falls.jpg47800_d57b30a105ebe2e0741f20b462ff4d55_large.jpg

Great pics of Spokane! I've never been there, but did spend a few days in Wenatchee and visited Seattle a few times.

As for slipcases, my second one showed up yesterday. This is at least the third time I've ordered an extra slipcase by mistake. I think I'll just leave this one sealed up for a year or two and then sell it.

Gorgeous photos! My cases arrived on Wednesday. They are nice!

Wow - never knew that about Spokane - or if I did - I had blocked it. Thanks for sharing and enlightening me!

Wow - never knew that about Spokane - or if I did - I had blocked it. Thanks for sharing and enlightening me!
    I used to periodically travel to Spokane on business and the first few times I stayed in the outskirts. The city always struck me as an old industrial town in the high desert with strip mall restaurants. One time I stayed downtown and went for a walk. I found this spectacular core with a beautiful park, College campus and nice restaurants. Not a lot of activities so it is not exactly a vacation spot but is a good pass through if you are heading to Walla Walla wine country or Coeur d'Alene which are both great vacation spots.