Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4: Guitar Hero or Rockband??

Ok,

I need one of these for my son turning 11. They had Guitart Hero on PS2 and really liked it, but the PS2 has died.

I know Rockband has a drum kit you can get. That's not a make or break for me. Does anyone have an opinion on what's better as far as these two only looking at the guitar playing aspect?

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Ok,

I need one of these for my son turning 11. They had Guitart Hero on PS2 and really liked it, but the PS2 has died.

I know Rockband has a drum kit you can get. That's not a make or break for me. Does anyone have an opinion on what's better as far as these two only looking at the guitar playing aspect?
    Get Rockband. They changed the control scheme on the new Guitar Hero. Also the new Rockband has a significantly bigger library of songs availible, as it's fully compatible with all of the DLC songs from previous versions of the game. Also I've heard some pretty terrible things about the new Guitar Hero.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Get Rockband. They changed the control scheme on the new Guitar Hero. Also the new Rockband has a significantly bigger library of songs availible, as it's fully compatible with all of the DLC songs from previous versions of the game. Also I've heard some pretty terrible things about the new Guitar Hero.
      Great, thanks Dan!

Comment

Never played Guitar Hero but my all time favorite was Rock Band 3. I wasn't too impressed with Rock Band 4. But for an 11 year old, I think he'll probably dig it .

Comment

Is there an option for a second guitar for Rockband? I believe Guitar Hero does.

Comment

Is there an option for a second guitar for Rockband? I believe Guitar Hero does.
            I believe so. I had the first Rock Band and you could play base, guitar, drums, or sing. But I also think it has the versus mode that Guitar Hero had. I had Guitar Hero 3 (still my favorite track list) and Guitar Hero 5, 5 was kinda lame. I also had Rock Band 1, which was pretty good, but it was their first try and the instruments where kinda fragile. To my knowledge they fixed that after the first one.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

If you mean between rhythm and lead, Rock Band doesn't have that option. Only lead and bass. I believe GH had the lead and rhythm option but no bass? No sure as I've never actually played GH, but going off from what I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                If you mean between rhythm and lead, Rock Band doesn't have that option. Only lead and bass. I believe GH had the lead and rhythm option but no bass? No sure as I've never actually played GH, but going off from what I've heard.
                Ok, thanks. I thought GH had sort of guitar-off thing. Like two players against each other on the same song at the same time.

Comment

I believe it does have that as well, Brad from what I've heard and from what Dan stated above.

Comment

Working...
                  X