Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hap and leonard!

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    The actor who plays Leonard (Michael Kenneth Williams) also has a prominent role in the HBO series The Night Of. It is a very different role than his Hap and Leonard role.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Really want to check out that series. Hap and Leonard too.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Really want to check out that series. Hap and Leonard too.
    It took a few episodes for me to get into Hap and Leonard but I ended up really enjoying it. In my view The Night Of is the best show on TV right now.

^Good to hear. I'm waiting to actually read Savage Season before starting up Hap and Leonard though. Does it draw directly from the books or, like Hannibal, does it more take influence from the novels?

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    ^Good to hear. I'm waiting to actually read Savage Season before starting up Hap and Leonard though. Does it draw directly from the books or, like Hannibal, does it more take influence from the novels?
    I have not read any of the source material for Hap and Leonard so I am unable to answer your question. I may read Mucho Mojo before season 2 though.

Two episodes into Season 2 "Mucho Mojo" I must say I am enjoying it!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    I just finished Season 1 a week or two back and I thought it was good, but not as solid as Mickle's previous Lansdale adaptation, Cold In July. The chemistry between the two leads was fantastic, though. I'm looking forward to checking out Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I just finished Season 1 a week or two back and I thought it was good, but not as solid as Mickle's previous Lansdale adaptation, Cold In July. The chemistry between the two leads was fantastic, though. I'm looking forward to checking out Season 2.
    I am not familiar with Cold In July. I may have to check it out, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am not familiar with Cold In July. I may have to check it out, Thanks!
    It's probably about as close to capturing the tone of a Lansdale story as I've yet seen. You also can't beat the cast of Michael C. Hall, Don Johnson and Sam Shepard. If I remember correctly, it's on Netflix.

I do not have Netflix but I checked and I can rent it at Movie Madness.

It's probably about as close to capturing the tone of a Lansdale story as I've yet seen. You also can't beat the cast of Michael C. Hall, Don Johnson and Sam Shepard. If I remember correctly, it's on Netflix.

I really liked it. The book was solid, but I may have liked the movie even more. In general though it just stayed really close to the source material.

Finished season two of Hap and Leonard. I enjoyed it but felt it was not as good as season one. Still hoping they renew it for a third season.

I read Savage Season quickly then watched season 1. Both were great, and also distinct. I see the need for changes from the book to make a series, mostly because it's a lot of build up with a great pay off in the end, but not a lot of action in the beginning. Hard to say which I preferred though.

I'm planning to read Mucho Mojo before watching Season 2. Hopefully it makes it to Netflix.

Junior Member Lurker
    Although the TV shows start off slow, by the middle we were hooked and have watched both series. Now I'm reading Savage Season. I'm thrilled there's a whole series of Hap and Leonard books and hope the show gets renewed. The actors have great chemistry. Still have a hard time believing Hap is 1)English, 2) the creepy guy from The Following.

I'm looking forward to Season 2. I enjoyed the first season enough. Michael K. Williams is fantastic in it and I'm always glad to see him get work. I like James Purefoy as Hap, but I can't help thinking that Thomas Jane would have killed in this role.

I'm looking forward to Season 2. I enjoyed the first season enough. Michael K. Williams is fantastic in it and I'm always glad to see him get work. I like James Purefoy as Hap, but I can't help thinking that Thomas Jane would have killed in this role.
    I think Thomas Jane would have been great but I think I prefer James Purefoy as hi comes across as more rough around the edges which is perfect for the character.

Happy to hear the Hap and Leonard has been renewed for season 3. Sad to say it remains a 6 episode season, wish it was longer. Season 4 will be based on The Two-Bear Mambo. I have not read the source material but hope for something more like Season 1 rather than Season 2.

Just picked up Mucho Mojo from a used bookstore, gonna read through it before starting Season 2 (which hopefully will show up on Netflix). I really enjoyed the first season. I don't mind the short seasons too, I think they go at a steady pace and don't come across as dragged out.

Those are pretty great cast additions. I've yet to check out season two since it hasn't popped up on Netflix yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm happy to hear that season three is progressing well!