Hap and leonard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hap and leonard!

Ok Lansdale fans where are you? On Sundance channel, who's watched it? I thought it was great, really captures the chaos of the stories and the love between the characters. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Agreed and can't wait for the next episode.

Comment

I don't have cable so I'm not sure when I'll be able to catch this series.

It's part of the reason I've been on a huge Lanadale kick lately (nothing like trying to acquire 30 years worth of books in a handful of months.)

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Ok Lansdale fans where are you? On Sundance channel, who's watched it? I thought it was great, really captures the chaos of the stories and the love between the characters. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
        Although I've never read him, I have it on Tivo. Haven't watched yet though.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to check this out, but I plan on it. I believe that Jim Mickle is involved with this and he did the fantastic film adaptation of Lansdale's Cold In July, which if anybody hasn't seen, it is a must. It perfectly hits the tone of a Lansdale story.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            I don't have cable so I'm not sure when I'll be able to catch this series.
            Amazon is going to have it available for streaming. The last time I checked, the first episode was up for free (though you'll have to pay for the rest!).

I've not read any Hap and Leonard stories, so I have no basis for comparison, but I loved the first episode.

Comment

I do have Prime so I can checkout the first episode at least.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              Amazon is going to have it available for streaming. The last time I checked, the first episode was up for free (though you'll have to pay for the rest!).

I've not read any Hap and Leonard stories, so I have no basis for comparison, but I loved the first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                I do have Prime so I can checkout the first episode at least.
                The AMC web page has the first 2 episodes free, not too sure if they will continue with the series though.

Comment

I watched the first episode. I am not familiar with the source material but this show did not impress me. I will probably check out the second episode to see if it grabs me but so far I am not impressed.

Comment

So I have stuck with this one and it is intriguing. I still am having trouble caring about the characters. But at least the story twists are interesting. I will probably stick out the season more because I am still not very mobile and looking for things to watch than any direct interest.

For those that are familiar with the story are you enjoying it?
                    Last edited by Martin; 04-08-2016, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Well I finished the season and found that the last two episodes really pulled me in. I went from getting through the season to hoping for a second season.

Comment

I agree. The last episode was bang on. I love the books and feel with time and chemistry that series could be a good one. Angel and Soldier were fantastic.

Comment

The first few episodes just felt like the writers were trying to see who could saw the most offensive thing. Once the story got going they settled down into real dialogue and the offensive remarks were only made when they matched the character and the scene. I agree that the Angel and Soldier characters were great. Hopefully it will get renewed.

Comment

Now that I've read the first three books in the Hap and Leonard chronicles, I think I might just purchase this series from Amazon. It wasn't very much money and I'd like to think at least a buck will trickle down to Landsale ...

Plus it sounds like more people are enjoying it which is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              Although I've never read him, I have it on Tivo. Haven't watched yet though.
                              The show so far is based on the book Savage Season. The show was well done and the book was excellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X