pre-order cancellations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pre-order cancellations

Not really know where to post this. Hope here is ok.

Lately I've been hit with a couple of unexpected bills/expenses and I am forced to cancel a couple of CD pre-orders. I have sent Mindy my request (yesterday) but so far haven't had a reaction yet. Which is perfectly understandable, because I'm sure Mindy has her hands full with hundreds of e-mails each day - so I'll be patient.

Still, I do have a question, for Brian, Dan or maybe even Mindy (but she doesn't post here...at least, I've never seen her do so): Is it ok to ask for pre-order cancellations? It's not something I do lightly, but I just want to make sure I didn't overstep any boundaries.

Thanks,

Siep

I've made a few cancellations for various reasons, Siep without incident. Mindy was very accommodating although I'm sure it's quite the pain in the butt for her. I replied with my order number to better assist her with the cancellation. Sorry to hear ya had to cancel a few orders. Hopefully only a temporary thing for ya

Comment

Of course it's ok to cancel preorders. Just don't order it again next week and cancel it the week after that
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

You know what could be fun? When a book you want is sold out, but you know who ordered it from looking at the forums. Just send Mindy an email from a nice new yahoo account in that person's name:

"I really can't afford that ultra-limited edition Stephen King book signed by the author and artists right now, even though I know it'll be worth ten times what I paid for it in a few years. Can you please cancel my order and assign it to my friend Dave, who will be happy to send you the money via Paypal right away."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          I've made a few cancellations for various reasons, Siep without incident. Mindy was very accommodating although I'm sure it's quite the pain in the butt for her. I replied with my order number to better assist her with the cancellation. Sorry to hear ya had to cancel a few orders. Hopefully only a temporary thing for ya
          Thanks, Brian, for your response.
          I did send Mindy my order numbers as well, but haven't received a reaction yet.

Fortunately, this situation is indeed temporary.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Of course it's ok to cancel preorders.
            That's good to know, Dan - thanks!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
              That's good to know, Dan - thanks!

sk
              Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              You know what could be fun? When a book you want is sold out, but you know who ordered it from looking at the forums. Just send Mindy an email from a nice new yahoo account in that person's name:

"I really can't afford that ultra-limited edition Stephen King book signed by the author and artists right now, even though I know it'll be worth ten times what I paid for it in a few years. Can you please cancel my order and assign it to my friend Dave, who will be happy to send you the money via Paypal right away."

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                Thanks, Brian, for your response.
                I did send Mindy my order numbers as well, but haven't received a reaction yet.

Fortunately, this situation is indeed temporary.

sk
                Good to know, brother and you're most welcome!

Comment

Glad you situation is temporary Siep. I have had to cancel a couple of pre-orders in the past. Mindy has handled them with courtesy and professionalism. I believe several people have been out sick this week at the CD offices so things are taking a little longer than usual.

Comment

Thanks, Martin.
                    So far I still haven't heard anything yet, but considering the bug that has practically felled everyone at CD, I'll be patient...

sk

Comment

Working...
                    X