THE FIREMAN by Joe Hill:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Liljas Library is running a giveaway for three copies of The Firemen signed and personalized by Joe.

http://www.liljas-library.com/
    Entered .

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Entered .
      No use, Brian?
      There's no doubt the book will be mine.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
        No use, Brian?

sk
        I believe he is giving away three, so we all should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          No use, Brian?

sk
          Ha, Siep! We shall see, my friend. Hell, I probably didn't even get the questions right, lol.

I believe he is giving away three, so we all should be ok.
          If only we were the lucky three, Martin .

Comment

The trailer for the book is now available:

Last edited by Martin; 04-20-2016, 05:38 PM.

Comment

The trailer for the book is now available:

Thanks for the share, Martin! Good stuff!

Comment

I just finished it tonight. Great story, definitely his best yet, as far as I'm concerned.

I won't post any spoilers, but one of my favorite lines in the book was "An old flame".

The only error that jumped out at me was the incorrect use of a Dodge Challenger as a police cruiser (page 394 or so). It should have been a Dodge Charger, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                  I just finished it tonight. Great story, definitely his best yet, as far as I'm concerned.

I won't post any spoilers, but one of my favorite lines in the book was "An old flame".

The only error that jumped out at me was the incorrect use of a Dodge Challenger as a police cruiser (page 394 or so). It should have been a Dodge Charger, of course.
                  It is a great story. Noticed today the book is over 60 pages longer than the ARC. Not sure if it is just in the formatting or if there is more in the final version.

Comment

I've ordered a signed/#d UK HC 1st copy from Goldsboro, and I won a signed US 1st HC in a contest (getting that one inscribed, actually) and I'll likely order a PS Pub S/L...but I don't have any of these copies yet and likely won't for a while...getting envious of all those who've had a chance to actually read the thing. :-(
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

It is a great story. Noticed today the book is over 60 pages longer than the ARC. Not sure if it is just in the formatting or if there is more in the final version.
                      I don't know if there are any differences, but I had the ARC and purposely didn't read it, just in case.

Comment

I don't know if there are any differences, but I had the ARC and purposely didn't read it, just in case.
                        Almost certainly just formatting. By the time the ARC's are made the story is done and the only changes made at that point are typically formatting / spelling corrections. Most of the time even those aren't made given how close the arc's are typically printed / sent out to the publication date.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          Almost certainly just formatting. By the time the ARC's are made the story is done and the only changes made at that point are typically formatting / spelling corrections. Most of the time even those aren't made given how close the arc's are typically printed / sent out to the publication date.
                          That is my assumption. Also noticed the novel contains credits with a little Easter egg and an afterword that are not included in the ARC.

Comment

There are Challenger police cruisers. Not many, but some, at least in the Charlotte, NC, area (and others, if Google is any indication).

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                              There are Challenger police cruisers. Not many, but some, at least in the Charlotte, NC, area (and others, if Google is any indication).
                              Hmm, well, in the book they had a mesh grill separating the front and back seats. They also had someone open the back door, and there are no back doors on the Challenger.

I had to look that up I do see Challenger cruisers. I wonder if they just use them as pursuit/traffic vehicles? Interesting. All the new cruisers around here are Chargers.

Comment

Well, after reading all these Challenger posts; this book is clearly one of fiction! Demand your money back peoples!

Comment

Working...
                                X