Who are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    I'm Jamie (James) - Windsor, Ontario (fun fact - I have to drive NORTH to go to Detroit, MI). Married to a wonderful wife, and have a soon to be 17 wonderful daughter, and 3 cats, 3 dogs. Have too many books on my shelves - buy/receive books faster than I can read them. Love my horror, historic/archaeological fiction (Rollins, Preston-Child) and sci-fi, although enjoy reading science books (Hawking, Dawkins, de Grass Tyson, Kaku) as well, plus will read the odd general fiction.
    Howdy, Jamie!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Wow! I didn't realize this was such a serious issue LOL. Good thing my old man isn't/wasn't around. He was a serious wild gamesman. We'd been eating turkey for months but the court costs..... :-/.
      I don't think anyone would notice a few missing turkeys

We have a friend who's a bow hunter, and he gets mad at me when I show him what's standing around in our back yard.

12605403_10208545519546276_68841836093585322_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Well, Hi Dan, I'm Mike and I'm a Biblioholic, lol!!!
        A fuller Bio,
        Mike Hatchett, 58, Richmond Va, Public Librarian, US Army/Army Reserve retiree, 2 deployments. Married, 2 grown children, 4 crazy little dogs. I’m more a reader than collector, not huge horror reader, I dabble, enjoy some King, but by no means a completest, far from it. Love fantasy, science fiction, Mystery an occasional Western, and even a title off the best-seller list once in a while. My hobbies include martial arts, hiking, gardening and yard sales with my wife. I have an account over at Librarything. Really enjoy the Forum, learn something new almost every time I visit. Thanks to you all for making this such a nice place to hang out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
          I don't think anyone would notice a few missing turkeys
          Most cities aren't fond of gunfire within the city limits is where I was going with that. Now a bow on the other hand would be the better option in said territory .

Comment

Well since Mike wrote one, I might as well make an extended bio too.

I'm Dan Cozzuol from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (see that location thingy under my name?). I currently work for the federal government, I previously worked for The Home Depot for 8 years, and a call centre before that. Generally speaking I am a genre fiction fan. I'm not a big fan of sci-fi but I love Crime/Mystery, Horror and Fantasy. Lately specifically I have been rediscovering my Fantasy roots. I'm as much of a collector as I am a reader, most of my extra budget goes towards building my collection and much of my extra time goes towards reading it. I also have a love for old films, black & white, silents, classics, especially film noir and horror (love all eras of horror). And despite my lack of preference of sci-fi in book form I have always enjoyed a good sci-fi movie.

I am also a collector of comics, though less focused on them as of late, and I play Magic the Gathering and tabletop RPGs from time to time, hobbies I have I have held onto since my grade school days. I'm also a fan of music, many different forms, but I have a soft spot in my heart for heavy metal. I've played drums for many years, though not well, and used to jam with my friends frequently, blasting out tunes from Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, and other more obscure metal bands.

Lastly, like Mike, I am a fan of martial arts, though admittedly I have not practiced any in years, not since high school. I do still quite enjoy watching it, mostly MMA, but I do watch boxing and grappling competitions sometimes. And whenever the summer Olympics are on I watch as much as I can; judo, wrestling, boxing (last Olympics boxing was a travesty, completely corrupt, guess that's nothing new with boxing or the Olympics though...). I still consider taking up something again, but I don't know what yet, nor do I know where I would find the time.

What martial arts do you, or did you, practice Mike? I've gone through a few different styles, never stick for very long unfortunately, Karate, Judo, Fencing, and finally Kung Fu before stopping in high school.

Comment

Hi I'm Dan and I'm a alch.... wait wrong thread. I'm your forum overlord, bow before my greatness... (joking). Joking aside, great thread. I love posts like this.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

My name is Brad, but my friends call me........Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  I'm your forum overlord, bow before my greatness...
                  Or be destroyed!!!

Comment

Dan,
                    I started out with old style Taekwondo, which looks and feels an awful like Shotokan Karate, which I've also piddled around with, in 1971. I've done a modified style of Combat Judo, that they used to teach to MPs at fort Gordon GA. I've done some Hapkido and until a few years ago, rolled around on the mat doing some Jujitsu. But due some injuries I picked up in Iraq and bad joints, I've changed my workout regimen significantly. I'm experimenting with soft styles and have altered of my forms to fit my 58 year old needs. I haven't been part of a school for about ten years but I feel more like a true martial artist then I ever have before. I don't believe I'll ever stop and it's never too late to start. I have a huge Martial arts collection, some from the 1920's. If you drop in at Librarything you can see them. I've attached a couple of photos taken about ten years ago at Mt St Helens, when I was training at Ft Lewis WA.
                    TKD 10001.jpg
                    TKD 70001.jpg
                    Last edited by mhatchett; 01-26-2016, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Mike you are a true badass!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                        Mike you are a true badass!
                        Not anymore, but thanks lol!!! I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was! The older you get, the more country songs make sense HAHAHHA!!
                        Last edited by mhatchett; 01-26-2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

<----- I keep it simple. Secret identities are for superheroes.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Damn its been a long time... Hi gang

My name is Pete/Peter. Used to live in NJ but now live all the way across lots of water in Europe. Shipping is a killer.

Comment

Where are you living in Europe, Pete?

Comment

Hi! Welcome back.

Comment

Working...
                                X