Who are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are you?

Simply put, what's your name? I think many of us know and call each other by our real first names. I believe it's apt, as we book collectors, I feel, are more than just internet friends. I've had many people contact me to help me with purchases, shipping, or even other non-collecting related situations. And if you look at the community, at the dt.org site for example everyone works together to raise money for worthy causes too. But it'd be useful, I think, to have a thread where we can keep them all together, so new folk that decide to sign up aren't confused and have reference point, but also so that us stalwarts don't lose track and start calling John; Cam, or Cam; Mike or Mike; Tom etc..

If you feel comfortable sharing please do.

My name's Daniel, Dan or Danny (And when I was in French school Danielle )

Well, Hi Dan, I'm Mike and I'm a Biblioholic, lol!!!

Comment

I'm Jason.

I live in Tacoma, I like beer, coffee, coffee in my beer, and soccer (Duwamish sown.)
      Last edited by TacomaDiver; 01-25-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

<--------

Comment

My name is Martin. I live in Southwest Washington.

Comment

<---, but without the digits.

I live with these turkeys in NJ.
            12646927_10208540982192845_6060610871257286643_o.jpg

Comment

My name is Andrew, and through no fault of my own I find myself alive on Earth without an instruction manual. Though on the way here they told me life would be like a cross between Space Invaders and ice fishing.

ice invaders glass.jpg
              Last edited by bugen; 01-25-2016, 04:34 AM.
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                <---, but without the digits.

I live with these turkeys in NJ.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]17620[/ATTACH]
                First off, nice you met you officially Dave and fellow CD members (addicts) . 2nd, is this a common occurrence in Jersey??

Comment

I'm Squire. I live in Kansas City MO and I lead a wonderfully boring life. It's just me, my books and my dog Jake.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm Jamie (James) - Windsor, Ontario (fun fact - I have to drive NORTH to go to Detroit, MI). Married to a wonderful wife, and have a soon to be 17 wonderful daughter, and 3 cats, 3 dogs. Have too many books on my shelves - buy/receive books faster than I can read them. Love my horror, historic/archaeological fiction (Rollins, Preston-Child) and sci-fi, although enjoy reading science books (Hawking, Dawkins, de Grass Tyson, Kaku) as well, plus will read the odd general fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      First off, nice you met you officially Dave and fellow CD members (addicts) . 2nd, is this a common occurrence in Jersey??
                      It is in this part of NJ We have a lot of woodlands behind our house, and a creek running thru the back yard. There must be 20-25 turkeys in this flock, and the snow has them wandering a little further than usual in their hunt for food.

We also have a herd of deer that eat everything in sight in the summer months. Apart from that, the usual suburban wildlife - raccoons, foxes, groundhogs etc.

Here's a funny video of the turkeys getting aggressive a few years back. This is a couple of blocks from our house - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhh68bITXM8

Comment

Enough with Turkeys....Tell us about the Jersey Devil LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          Enough with Turkeys....Tell us about the Jersey Devil LOL!!!
                          No sign of that, but I've seen some scary-looking people on bike rides thru the Pinelands

Comment

It is in this part of NJ We have a lot of woodlands behind our house, and a creek running thru the back yard. There must be 20-25 turkeys in this flock, and the snow has them wandering a little further than usual in their hunt for food.

We also have a herd of deer that eat everything in sight in the summer months. Apart from that, the usual suburban wildlife - raccoons, foxes, groundhogs etc.

Here's a funny video of the turkeys getting aggressive a few years back. This is a couple of blocks from our house - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhh68bITXM8
                            Wow! I didn't realize this was such a serious issue LOL. Good thing my old man isn't/wasn't around. He was a serious wild gamesman. We'd been eating turkey for months but the court costs..... :-/.

Comment

No sign of that, but I've seen some scary-looking people on bike rides thru the Pinelands
                              e.g. Wrong Turn 'ey?

Comment

Working...
                              X