Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: The Best of Shivers edited by Richard Chizmar

  1. #1
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,877
    Rep Power
    28

    The Best of Shivers edited by Richard Chizmar

    Landmark New Anthology Announced Today!
    The Best of Shivers
    Featuring Stephen King, Peter Straub, Stewart O'Nan, Bentley Little, Jack Ketchum, Gary A. Braunbeck, Glen Hirshberg, Ed Gorman, Brian Hodge, Stephen Mark Rainey, Graham Masterton, Sarah Pinborough, Peter Crowther, Simon Clark, Brian Keene, Thomas Tessier, Ray Garton, Kaaron Warren, Norman Prentiss, and TEN more authors to be revealed later this summer!




    This is the discussion thread for The Best of Shivers announcement!

    CLICK HERE to purchase this product

    CLICK HERE to view the announcement
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  2. #2
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,415
    Rep Power
    15
    FINALLY!!!! This is great for newer AND older fans of the series. Personally, I have all of the volumes in the Shivers series, but a signed limited best of......yes, sir! Sign me up!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,896
    Rep Power
    64
    Not me. I have all seven volumes so I am going to pass.

  4. #4
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,257
    Rep Power
    14
    I'm in on this one as well. I want the lettered edition, but it is out of the price range right now. Maybe if there are any left further down the line I'll be able to pick one up.

    I am curious though as it seems that some of the print run details have changed since the first day it was announced. There was a trade edition originally being offered that no longer is, the print run on the limited went from 550 copies to 750 copies, and the lettered was originally a traycased edition at $500 and now the new lettered edition at $300. I'm wondering what made the changes come about?

  5. #5
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,646
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I'm in on this one as well. I want the lettered edition, but it is out of the price range right now. Maybe if there are any left further down the line I'll be able to pick one up.

    I am curious though as it seems that some of the print run details have changed since the first day it was announced. There was a trade edition originally being offered that no longer is, the print run on the limited went from 550 copies to 750 copies, and the lettered was originally a traycased edition at $500 and now the new lettered edition at $300. I'm wondering what made the changes come about?
    We uploaded the wrong draft of the product page for the pre-announcement sales.

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,257
    Rep Power
    14
    I figured it was probably something like that. I'm definitely not complaining about the changes. With the updated info, the lettered edition is at least a possibility. There's no way I could swing $500. Thanks for the info, Brian. Always appreciated!

  7. #7
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,646
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I figured it was probably something like that. I'm definitely not complaining about the changes. With the updated info, the lettered edition is at least a possibility. There's no way I could swing $500. Thanks for the info, Brian. Always appreciated!
    What's sad is it took us so long to realize! I was in the middle of a house move and it ended up being the hottest week of the year here so far, and I think my brain was just fried...

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  8. #8
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,877
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    What's sad is it took us so long to realize! I was in the middle of a house move and it ended up being the hottest week of the year here so far, and I think my brain was just fried...

    Brian
    My brain is still fried. You have too much stuff...
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  9. #9
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    14
    Ha!

  10. #10
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,646
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    My brain is still fried. You have too much stuff...
    Ha! At least we didn't have to move the pallet of books that I had been storing at my parents' house!

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  11. #11
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,415
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Ha! At least we didn't have to move the pallet of books that I had been storing at my parents' house!

    Brian
    Hey, what's the address for your parent's house again?? I think I have a few of my books on the same pallet.

  12. #12
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,646
    Rep Power
    2014
    For those waiting on the full TOC for THE BEST OF SHIVERS, I should have that and the cover artwork to post next week.

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  13. #13
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,415
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    For those waiting on the full TOC for THE BEST OF SHIVERS, I should have that and the cover artwork to post next week.

    Brian
    Awesome news!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •