No announcement yet.

Recent grab bags? Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made out like a bandit!! The CD gods sure did smile down on me with this one. CD gang, you've got a grab bag buyer for life!! I ordered 3 grab bags and received 16 books total. I'll try to list here what I haven't seen listed so far out of the 16 that I received. I'll apologize in advance if I list any duplicates of what you guys have already posted.

I'm Not Same THC-Ketchum & McKee
    The Mailman THC-Little
    The Consultant S/L #302-Little
    Smoke and Mirrors Deluxe Slipcased and Numbered Limited Edition with no number or "PC" on the signature page. This book is a freakin' beast! I'll post pics later for anyone who hasn't seen it up close and personal.

And the ones that totally got me stoked were the following King grabs!! Yes, I do have all of these but still, completely in awe that they were included:
    Revival 1st/1st with matching slipcase
    Doctor Sleep 1st/8th slipcased from Hodder & Stoughton
    The Dark Man slipcased trade still in shrink
    Battleground S/L #27

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Made out like a bandit!! The CD gods sure did smile down on me with this one. CD gang, you've got a grab bag buyer for life!! I ordered 3 grab bags and received 16 books total. I'll try to list here what I haven't seen listed so far out of the 16 that I received. I'll apologize in advance if I list any duplicates of what you guys have already posted.

I'm Not Same THC-Ketchum & McKee
      The Mailman THC-Little
      The Consultant S/L #302-Little
      Smoke and Mirrors Deluxe Slipcased and Numbered Limited Edition with no number or "PC" on the signature page. This book is a freakin' beast! I'll post pics later for anyone who hasn't seen it up close and personal.

And the ones that totally got me stoked were the following King grabs!! Yes, I do have all of these but still, completely in awe that they were included:
      Revival 1st/1st with matching slipcase
      Doctor Sleep 1st/8th slipcased from Hodder & Stoughton
      The Dark Man slipcased trade still in shrink
      Battleground S/L #27
      Nice!

Comment

Thanks, Martin! And thanks again to you for keeping on top of all the past and present CD Grab bag info. Also, Brian or Dan, if you guys would please chime in here. In regards to the copy of Smoke and Mirrors that I received; would it be acceptable if wrote in "PC" where it's not stated or just leave it blank? I'd never write in a number or letter myself as I've expressed my opinion on that matter in a different thread. The main reason I'm asking is in case I sell it in the future or gift it and want everything to be on the up and up. Of course it's such a nice edition, I might have trouble letting it go!

Comment

Love the look and feel of the slipcase.
          Smoke and Mirrors 1.jpgSmoke and Mirrors 2.jpg

Comment

Love the look and feel of the slipcase.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]17572[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17573[/ATTACH]
            Hmm looks like one of my helpers forgot to PC that Smoke & Mirrors. Would you mind writing "PC" on the numbering line?
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              Hmm looks like one of my helpers forgot to PC that Smoke & Mirrors. Would you mind writing "PC" on the numbering line?
              Not a problem, Sir. Thanks for the authorization. When you mentioned your helpers; the elves from "Krampus" came instantly to mind LOL. Best have my elf do it though. She pens much better than myself.

Comment

Today I received the fruits of my very first Grab Bag purchase.

Out of the six books, two I already own, and three of the books I've never read anything by that author before.

I received:

Sides by Peter Straub - not signed. I've only read the two books he co-wrote with Stephen King. Guess that this is a collection of non-fiction essays?
                Tyer's Third Act by Mick Garris - signed and numbered as PC - but apparently used to be #126. Don't know what this is, but the cover looks familiar.
                Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters by Douglass Clegg - signed - no number.
                The Prophet by Michael Koryta - signed and numbered as PC. Another one that looks familiar but know nothing about it.
                A Simple Plan by Scott Smith - signed and numbered as PC. The first of the two that I own. LOVE LOVE this book and hoping that this will make a great gift for someone later on.
                The Straw Men by Michael Marshall - signed and numbered as PC. The other one that I read. Probably another one that I'll end up gifting.

All in all I'm satisfied. I had no idea what to expect so I got exactly what I expected - all surprised. At the very least, I'll read four new authors. And all for at least 75% off retail, right?

Or maybe we can all get together and work out a trade or something? I'm intrigued by this Bentley Little guy . . .
                Last edited by TacomaDiver; 01-06-2016, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  Or maybe we can all get together and work out a trade or something? I'm intrigued by this Bentley Little guy . . .
                  I think you'll really enjoy Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters. I haven't read anything else from Clegg but I really, really enjoyed this story and it was totally not what I expected. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as well. I'm totally open to trades if you want to PM me with any requests. I haven't provided a complete list of what I received here but I can and I'm definitely looking at passing along the King books I received as I already have them.

Comment

The Tyler's Third Act was either a miss numbered book we crossed off and PC'd or a damaged book we PC'd and sent a replacement for.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      Today I received the fruits of my very first Grab Bag purchase.

Out of the six books, two I already own, and three of the books I've never read anything by that author before.

I received:

Sides by Peter Straub - not signed. I've only read the two books he co-wrote with Stephen King. Guess that this is a collection of non-fiction essays?
                      Tyer's Third Act by Mick Garris - signed and numbered as PC - but apparently used to be #126. Don't know what this is, but the cover looks familiar.
                      Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters by Douglass Clegg - signed - no number.
                      The Prophet by Michael Koryta - signed and numbered as PC. Another one that looks familiar but know nothing about it.
                      A Simple Plan by Scott Smith - signed and numbered as PC. The first of the two that I own. LOVE LOVE this book and hoping that this will make a great gift for someone later on.
                      The Straw Men by Michael Marshall - signed and numbered as PC. The other one that I read. Probably another one that I'll end up gifting.

All in all I'm satisfied. I had no idea what to expect so I got exactly what I expected - all surprised. At the very least, I'll read four new authors. And all for at least 75% off retail, right?

I agree with Brian about Cannibal Sisters, great read. I also really enjoyed Tyler's Third Act. It is a weird tale and I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Everything I've read by Mick can be described as "a weird tale and I really enjoyed it."

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          Everything I've read by Mick can be described as "a weird tale and I really enjoyed it."
                          Very valid point!

Comment

Today I received mine - it's from the final 2015 grab bags:

*Cannibal Sisters - signed, Douglas Clegg
                            *Carrie - PS (already had it)
                            *Turn Down the Lights - trade
                            *Pork Pie Hat - trade, Peter Straub
                            *World War Z - signed limited, Max Brooks
                            *The Straw Men - signed limited, Michael Marshall
                            *December Park - signed limited, Ronald Malfi (had it already)
                            *Smoke and Mirrors - signed limited edition (WOW!)

The only drawback was the very high shipping costs.
                            But I love the books!

sk

Comment

Pretty nice scores in there, Siep. Congrats!

Comment

Thanks, Brain - I like what I got.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X