No announcement yet.

Recent grab bags? Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are all really cool scores and Taverns of the Dead is a nice book, too!

Comment

I've only ever bought one grab bag, and it was from another publisher, but I can't say I was particularly pleased with the experience. However, that was no fault of the publisher's, I simply already owned most of the books I received. As I recall, I purchased the grab bag as a gamble to get a particularly rare book they were tossing in randomly, and the gamble didn't pay off for me.

Comment

I've only purchased grab bags from CD and I've always been happy. I'm starting to steer away from them as I buy most of what CD offers so the ratio of duplicates has increased. That being said, I have been getting in on the lettered grab bags. I am anxious to see what I get from the Two Lettered Edition grab bag that was offered a little while back.

Sub Press's grab bags are too expensive for me to gamble on as I don't have an interest in a lot of the science fiction and fantasy they publish. I would be all over a Centipede Press grab bag, though!

Comment

The one thing to watch with Subterranean Press is their half price sale. I have picked up some really great stuff. Even Volume 3 in the Philip K. Dick set. As well as a couple of Lansdale books.

Comment

I agree about the Sub Press half price sale. I've picked up more than a few books when those roll around. Such a good deal!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              The one thing to watch with Subterranean Press is their half price sale. I have picked up some really great stuff. Even Volume 3 in the Philip K. Dick set. As well as a couple of Lansdale books.
              Yeah, I've snagged a couple good'uns during their half off sales in the past. McCammon's They Thirst springs to mind.

Comment

The only thing that bums me out about the Sub Press 50 percent off sales is that they exclude lettered editions. I'm holding out hope that one day I'll get a lettered from them. If they release Swan Song, Mystery Walk, or Usher's Passing by McCammon I'm going to HAVE to get the lettered editions. That will also completely blow my budget and I'll probably sleep on the couch for a while, but it'll be worth it.

Comment

So I recently received two of the Cemetery Dance grab bags from the last offer, and here is what arrived. Most are signed, but some are not. A good haul, I think! A few of the signed ones are PC copies and so noted. If it wasn't signed then it obviously wasn't numbered either. I'm guessing the CD warehouse must have been bursting at the seams!

Little Book of Ghost Stories and Ornery, by Rick Hautala and Ed Gorman, signed, from Borderlands Press (two separate books, small size hardcovers)
                  Bastion, Simon Clark, unsigned
                  Loveliest Dead, Ray Garton
                  You Are Dead, by Peter James, trade hc
                  Salome, Mick Garris, PC
                  Cold Comforts, Crowther, #d/signed
                  Femme, Pronzini, no dj with paste downs, trade edition
                  Influence, Bentley Little, unsigned
                  Fangoria: Cover to Cover, trade hc
                  The Prophet, Koryta, PC
                  Language of Fear, James, unsigned
                  Brothers, Chizmar and Gorman, signed
                  Pure, Julianna Baggott, PC

So I think this is around $500 in books for around a $100 investment and all of these are in pretty good shape, so a pretty good deal! Happy holidays!
                  I hope everyone else received nice stuff, too!

Comment

Nice grab.
                    Mine came today and I received
                    Fangoria cover to cover trade edition
                    The Straw men signed limited
                    The Devils workshop trade paperback
                    PC editions of The Prophet and The Twelve
                    Amazonas signed
                    Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters signed
                    Baston unsigned
                    And a copy of Carrie from PS publishing

Comment

Sweet. Received my shipping notice today for the 3 I ordered .

Comment

Nice catch, Bookworm, especially the Carrie from PS Publishing! Lucky you!

Comment

Fangoria cover to cover trade edition
                          Prophet,PC
                          The Twelve PC
                          Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters signed
                          Bastion unsigned
                          Salome, Mick Garris, PC
                          John Dies at the End, PC
                          Femme, trade edition
                          Submerged, signed
                          Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters, signed
                          Language of Fear, Signed
                          Who Buries the Dead, C.S. Harris, trade

Largely repeats, but not bad for a hundred.
                          3 new CD titles, plus CD 2 trades I didn't have. Also Didn't have WBTD.

Comment

Purchased two of the final grab bag for 2015:

1. Fangoria Cover to Cover Trade Hardbound
                            2. Murder 101 by Faye Kellerman 1st Edition Hardbound
                            3. Bastion by Simon Clark Limited (Missing Signature Sheet)
                            4. Kinsmen by Bill Pronzini Trade Hardbound
                            5. The Language of Fear by Del James Signed Limited Edition
                            6. Salome by Mick Garris Signed Limited
                            7. The Prophet by Michael Kortya Signed Numbered PC
                            8. John Dies at the End by David Wong Signed Numbered PC
                            9. Submerged by Thomas Monteleone Signed Numbered PC
                            10. The Twelve by Justin Cronin Signed Numbered PC

I have a PC copy of The Passage so adding The Twelve is cool.

A few duplicates but at over a 75% discount I can trade these at Powell's and make out fine.

Paid $98.00 and received over $425.00 in books. Nice way to end the year!

Comment

I bought one of the final grab bag of 2015.

1. December Park by Ronald Malfi (PC)
                              2. Submerged by Thomas F. Monteleone (PC)
                              3. The Straw Men by Michael Marshall (No signature page)
                              4. Pure by Julianna Baggott (PC)
                              5. World War Z by Max Brooks (PC)

I didn't have any of these, wanted to buy World War Z but it was sold out so that's a big win. Wanted to buy Submerged but didn't want to pay the limited price before I read anything by the author. The other 3 look great too. Very happy with this.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                                I bought one of the final grab bag of 2015.

1. December Park by Ronald Malfi (PC)
                                2. Submerged by Thomas F. Monteleone (PC)
                                3. The Straw Men by Michael Marshall (No signature page)
                                4. Pure by Julianna Baggott (PC)
                                5. World War Z by Max Brooks (PC)

I didn't have any of these, wanted to buy World War Z but it was sold out so that's a big win. Wanted to buy Submerged but didn't want to pay the limited price before I read anything by the author. The other 3 look great too. Very happy with this.
                                December Park was one of my top reads of 2015!

Comment

Working...
                                X