Four Halloweens 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Don't be sorry. We all have too much on backorder..
    That's sure the truth. I got a notice that a book I ordered is shipping soon and I don;t remember ordering it. Glad I did though!

Comment

Same here - I have no recollection ordering this either and I don't see it in my order history pages either.

A couple of months ago I got a shipping notice for a book that I didn't order (I figured it was for the most recent book club, but obviously not.) I wish I still had that e-mail (too many!) because I'd be curious to see where that book went.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      That's sure the truth. I got a notice that a book I ordered is shipping soon and I don;t remember ordering it. Glad I did though!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        Don't be sorry. We all have too much on backorder..
        My current preorders stand at 18 and I'm sure that number will increase as the year progresses . CD has their very own folder in my email account. Otherwise, I'd never be able to keep track of what I ordered :-/.

Comment

I have taken steps to thin the herd on preorders, especially ones that linger for years or that I don't get communication from when I ask questions. I just took one guy through the Paypal resolution process. I ordered it June 2015, the item was promised for Fall, no show, no email, no response. I don't have the money to let stuff just sit there, besides I want to buy other books. Mindy is working on one for me with CD. After a couple of years, I lost interest in the project. This is the reason I order a lot of stuff with Camelot, you don't have to pay till the item comes in.

Comment

Yeah I do like to order through Camelot for that same reason, plus they're just really nice folk there.

Comment

I can completely understand where you're coming from. CD is really the only one I'd trust I think with preorders as I haven't had a bad experience. Plus as a CDCC member, you get discounts even on other's publisher's works. And I assume if that publisher doesn't come through for whatever reason, then CD would either refund your money or give ya store credit. I can't say enough good things about Kim and the way she conducts business over at Camelot. She definitely takes care of her customers very well. I recently bought into CD's Signature Series through her for matching numbers and future rights. I have my PS King editions matched through Dave at Overlook as well as the Remarque series he offers. The PS editions aren't paid for until they arrive at his place and ready to ship. I do have to preorder the Remarques but I understand that he probably has to pay Glenn for his work beforehand, which I'm completely ok with. At least we all have options on how we choose to make our purchases.

Comment

Working...
              X