Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The latest Concert You Attended

Senior Member Inmate
    Up to my eyeballs in a very red state. I'm sort of a purple girl.
    I just recently got to see the Foo myself. Fantastic concert. Dave was funny and did a lot of interacting with the crowd. He showcases the rest of the band nicely. And yes, over 3 hours! How does he do that scream of his in almost every song?
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I really want to see Foo Fighters. That's a bucket list show for sure. .
    I'm seeing them for the first time in 2018...really looking forward to it.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Styx came through town here at Ceasar's Windsor in November - yay free tickets!!!!!! 4th time seeing them, and was my wife's first rock concert too! They always put on a great show.

re: Foo Fighters - I want to see them one day. Not a huge fan, but I do like a lot of their stuff I hear on the radio. Detroit has a new arena for their hockey team, and there are a ton of concerts lined up, not sure if they are one of them or not.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Attended a concert last night for the first time in many years. Saw a tribute band of The Beatles called 'The Fab Four' They play songs covering the bands entire existence. There are three costume changes during the show and Ed Sullivan is there to entertain.
    IMG_0704.jpgIMG_0709.jpgIMG_0708.jpgIMG_0709.jpgIMG_1983.jpg
    Also the first show I have been to where they encourage you to take photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Never was much of a fan of the Beetles but looks like a cool show all the same.

KISS is going to be hear sometime next year I think. Seriously thinking about attending that one as I have never seen them live before.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Never was much of a fan of the Beetles but looks like a cool show all the same.

KISS is going to be hear sometime next year I think. Seriously thinking about attending that one as I have never seen them live before.
    Saw Kiss live in 1976. An unknown band going by the name Cheap Trick opened for them. It was a really good show.

Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Saw Kiss live in 1976. An unknown band going by the name Cheap Trick opened for them. It was a really good show.
    Damn you're old.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Damn you're old.
    Yes I am old! But in all honesty I was 13 when I saw Kiss. My wife, who is older than me and she saw The Beatles on their one appearance in Portland in 1965.
    650822-beatles-portland-ticket_01.jpg
    Last edited by Martin; 12-29-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Yes I am old! But in all honesty I was 13 when I saw Kiss. My wife, who is older than me and she saw The Beatles on their one appearance in Portland in 1965.
    650822-beatles-portland-ticket_01.jpg
    $5!!! That's insane. Could you imagine what that concert would cost today?

KISS - I saw them a couple of years ago at White River Amphitheater in Auburn. It was on their last tour. Or maybe their final tour. Or perhaps it was their final last tour? I can't keep up. It was a combo bill of Def Leppard and KISS. I hadn't seen either before, and honestly was there for Def Leppard. Both bands put on a good show and I'm glad I saw KISS, but it's not a band I need to see again.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Toyed with the idea of attending this coming summer‘s triple bill with Def Leppard, Poison, and Motley Crue, but decided ultimately to pass. I’ve seen videos of a couple of their more recent performances, and while Def Leppard is sounding okay, the other two not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Damn you're old.
    I was 3 in '76 lol. 2 if the show was before March.

That's crazy about the Beetles! $5 bucks sure got you a lot more back then.

I looked up the ticket prices yesterday and they are insanely high for KISS for decent seats. I'll probably end up passing.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Toyed with the idea of attending this coming summer‘s triple bill with Def Leppard, Poison, and Motley Crue, but decided ultimately to pass. I’ve seen videos of a couple of their more recent performances, and while Def Leppard is sounding okay, the other two not so much.
    I saw all those groups several times during their heyday and they were awesome shows. I saw Def Leppard a few years back and it just wasn't the Leppard of my youth

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Honestly those are the bands of my youth and things change. I'm not sure I actually want to see any of them live anymore. I would rather bask in the glow of the stereo will playing my cassette tapes and CD's.

I saw all those groups several times during their heyday and they were awesome shows. I saw Def Leppard a few years back and it just wasn't the Leppard of my youth

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Honestly those are the bands of my youth and things change. I'm not sure I actually want to see any of them live anymore. I would rather bask in the glow of the stereo will playing my cassette tapes and CD's.
    For sure!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I was 3 in '76 lol. 2 if the show was before March.

That's crazy about the Beetles! $5 bucks sure got you a lot more back then.

I looked up the ticket prices yesterday and they are insanely high for KISS for decent seats. I'll probably end up passing.
    I have a summer job at the local amphitheater. Kiss was there last summer. It was not really a live show. Eric Singer in Peter Criss Makeup playing air piano on Beth. Paul's vocals were mostly taped. They didn't even care enough to do their own sound check. I've worked there 7 summers and they are the only band who didn't do their job sound check. Lots of bells and whistles. A good show but not a live show and not worth the prices. How about $1,000 for pit tickets that only got you a seat. I've seen a lot of behind the scene stuff working over there. Kiss isn't the only band that uses mixes and tapes. However they are one of the most outspoken about other bands that keep going when they should stop. Still like their old music. Just not the attitude they have now.

Junior Member Lurker
    Garth Brooks
    Many concerts in between crossing multiple genres, but there’s something about Garth.
    Cheers, onplanners
    Last edited by topazann; 03-23-2020 at 02:08 PM.