The latest Concert You Attended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Saw Kiss live in 1976. An unknown band going by the name Cheap Trick opened for them. It was a really good show.
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Damn you're old.
    I was 3 in '76 lol. 2 if the show was before March.

That's crazy about the Beetles! $5 bucks sure got you a lot more back then.

I looked up the ticket prices yesterday and they are insanely high for KISS for decent seats. I'll probably end up passing.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Toyed with the idea of attending this coming summer‘s triple bill with Def Leppard, Poison, and Motley Crue, but decided ultimately to pass. I’ve seen videos of a couple of their more recent performances, and while Def Leppard is sounding okay, the other two not so much.
      I saw all those groups several times during their heyday and they were awesome shows. I saw Def Leppard a few years back and it just wasn't the Leppard of my youth

Comment

Honestly those are the bands of my youth and things change. I'm not sure I actually want to see any of them live anymore. I would rather bask in the glow of the stereo will playing my cassette tapes and CD's.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        I saw all those groups several times during their heyday and they were awesome shows. I saw Def Leppard a few years back and it just wasn't the Leppard of my youth
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          Honestly those are the bands of my youth and things change. I'm not sure I actually want to see any of them live anymore. I would rather bask in the glow of the stereo will playing my cassette tapes and CD's.
          For sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            I was 3 in '76 lol. 2 if the show was before March.

That's crazy about the Beetles! $5 bucks sure got you a lot more back then.

I looked up the ticket prices yesterday and they are insanely high for KISS for decent seats. I'll probably end up passing.
            I have a summer job at the local amphitheater. Kiss was there last summer. It was not really a live show. Eric Singer in Peter Criss Makeup playing air piano on Beth. Paul's vocals were mostly taped. They didn't even care enough to do their own sound check. I've worked there 7 summers and they are the only band who didn't do their job sound check. Lots of bells and whistles. A good show but not a live show and not worth the prices. How about $1,000 for pit tickets that only got you a seat. I've seen a lot of behind the scene stuff working over there. Kiss isn't the only band that uses mixes and tapes. However they are one of the most outspoken about other bands that keep going when they should stop. Still like their old music. Just not the attitude they have now.

Comment

Garth Brooks
              Many concerts in between crossing multiple genres, but there’s something about Garth.
              Cheers, onplanners
              Last edited by topazann; 03-23-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Last was a Breaking Benjamin concert -- I took my wife, but she's actually got me to liking them quite a bit over the couple of years (I could take 'em or leave 'em before).

Comment

The last concert I attended was Tool on November 2, 2019. Little did we know how much our world was going to change in just a short time after this. It was a mind blowing concert that I will never forget.

That's me in the Rush shirt.

73458983_10220214604730427_344063086983905280_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                    The last concert I attended was Tool on November 2, 2019
                    Saw them on the LATERALUS tour. They put on a hell of a show, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by James Newman View Post

Saw them on the LATERALUS tour. They put on a hell of a show, don't they?
                      Indeed they do!

I like Breaking Benjamin too. I saw them back in 2008 with Seether and Three days Grace. Great show.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

Indeed they do!

I like Breaking Benjamin too. I saw them back in 2008 with Seether and Three days Grace. Great show.
                        Funny you should mention that -- Three Days Grace opened for them on the show we saw (along with Chevelle, but they were really disappointing).

Comment

My brother-in-law offered me tickets for Tool but I passed as I was never really a fan. Probably should have reconsidered considering.......

Comment

In December of 2019 I had a pleasure to visit an Andre Rieu concert in Lisbon as I was visiting my friend in his property in Portugal. One of the best concerts in my life! Music is fantastic, performance is on a high level, audience is respectful and happy. I will go to his concert this year too.
                            Last edited by Beblo; 07-09-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X