Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Anyone else take up the current CDCC offer?
    Yup

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Thank you both for validating my purchasing decisions/enabling my addiction.

I somehow missed the email. I did see your post and was able to purchase the deal. Thanks, Jeff. You are more than just a pretty face.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I had to read it half a dozen times before I understood what it was.

Ultimately I decided to pass - some things have changed financially this week (we went through another huge round of layoffs at work AND then those that are left are having to take a mandatory furlough day once a week for the next three to six months - yay 20% paycut!)

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Ultimately I decided to pass - some things have changed financially this week (we went through another huge round of layoffs at work AND then those that are left are having to take a mandatory furlough day once a week for the next three to six months - yay 20% paycut!)
    Damn! I'm so sorry for the hardship. Survivor guilt and paycuts are horrible right around the holidays. Do you have any interesting books you'd like to sell to offset the dent in your income?

And yeah, I kept looking for the bottom line in the offer. Something that clearly and concisely summed up the value ("You'll get XXX number of dollars in value for buying today!"). Instead I had to do math. Once I have to do math--even simple math--I begin to question what I'm getting. My brain wonders: "Are they trying to hide the value? Am I really getting what I think I'm getting?" Because I don't trust my powers of reasoning and math. But I do trust my ability to fall into bad deals because I'm gullible. All of this is not a bad reflection on CD--just an insight into my paranoia and low self-regard. I trust CD--not myself.

Damn! I'm so sorry for the hardship. Survivor guilt and paycuts are horrible right around the holidays. Do you have any interesting books you'd like to sell to offset the dent in your income?
    There's more playing into it than just the cut in hours/income (I can offset lost wages by using my PTO - but that would mean I can't get sick (I do have ability to work from home so that's something) or take a vacation) but it sounds like we will move in with wife's mom. Save us rent and utilities, and cut my four a day commute time in half.

If push comes to shove - I could sell my Suntup Misery and live like a kind for a little while.

And yeah, I kept looking for the bottom line in the offer. Something that clearly and concisely summed up the value ("You'll get XXX number of dollars in value for buying today!"). Instead I had to do math. Once I have to do math--even simple math--I begin to question what I'm getting. My brain wonders: "Are they trying to hide the value? Am I really getting what I think I'm getting?" Because I don't trust my powers of reasoning and math. But I do trust my ability to fall into bad deals because I'm gullible. All of this is not a bad reflection on CD--just an insight into my paranoia and low self-regard. I trust CD--not myself.
    I think what confused me was the how the benefit worked because the benefit was the same as the freebie bonus - just confused myself repeatedly.

There was still a lot of temptation - like there's there's still temptation about that damn Misery paperweight - and now Camelot's sale - but I just can't do it. Be hard to explain.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Oops, that’s my fault! I usually include a line that does the math but I totally forgot. I’m out of the house right now, but will fix tonight!
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar

Pretty much passed for the same reason, Jason although hopefully my situation will be nowhere near as bad as yours. I should know by the middle of next week. Best of luck to you during the lean times.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication

That sucks. Anything else worth looking at in the job market? Might be a good time to jump ship!

I went for the offer too, although it also took me a few minutes to figure out exactly what it meant

We also have layoffs at work, although it's more of the nibbling away kind of layoffs - one or two people at a time, no warning. They're trying to outsource us to India. The software I work on has an 85% market share, and contains around 20 million lines of code. Sending it to India is like selling Ferraris and then having them serviced at Jiffy Lube. But hey, the CEO is doing ok!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Yes. I love this and was a part of this before and am happy to see it back.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I jumped on this immediately. Along with the Camelot sale, and another private deal I have going, I have just spent a lot of money.
    I need to stop now.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    I had to pass on everything because of other book obligations, Christmas, dentist Appts and life in general lol!!! I hope you all get something great!! Jason and Dave hang in there.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar

I hope things work out well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I hope things work out well for you.
    Thank you! We have plans to replace the loss in income, and I think it'll be fine in the end, it just sucks (yay holidays!)

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I had to pass on everything because of other book obligations, Christmas, dentist Appts and life in general lol!!! I hope you all get something great!! Jason and Dave hang in there.
    Thanks - I'm pretty confident things will work out - I have flexibility to adapt which is always a good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    That sucks. Anything else worth looking at in the job market? Might be a good time to jump ship!
    Sadly, the downtimes is impacting all of my industry (I work in the mortgage industry - but I'm a supervisor in IT so it's slightly different) so there isn't a lot of places that do what I do. And I have a feeling that if things get worse, I'll be forced to cut someone before my job would be in jeopardy.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    That sucks big time. We just had a huge round of layoffs in September. 450 people were laid off. I work in the facilities department and they did a number on it. Seems the tech industry is also going through a down time right now. I hope this work out for you sooner then later.

Member Part-timer
    I went for it as I feel it takes the place of the gift cards that CDCC members got for 50% off. I would buy one for $500 and pay $250. This is really a little bit better than that.

Between the gift certificate and this offer, I'm good with CD purchases for 2019.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    I'm in on this offer as well. I've took advantage of this offer when it was last offered and really liked it so I'm happy that it has returned.

It was a tough weekend of choices, though. Between this offer, Camelot Book's 50% Off sale, and the Elric books being offered by Centipede, something had to give. I settled on this as my main choice and had to let the Camelot sale pass me by.