Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 679

Thread: CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

  1. #21
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    49
    Spoils of my very first CDCC order. And how appropriate that they should arrive on the 13th . Slight damage to 3 of the titles though

    CDCC 10-13-15 A.jpg

  2. #22
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    8
    Wow, you got some great books there!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  3. #23
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    49
    Thanks! Luck of the draw but it turned out well I thought.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,057
    Rep Power
    20
    Loved today's offer!

  5. #25
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    2,232
    Rep Power
    11
    I was able to get in on this after all, with the recent email.

    I am wondering though....how many offers did I miss with my late joining, since this started in Sept I believe.

  6. #26
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,491
    Rep Power
    2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TJCams View Post
    I was able to get in on this after all, with the recent email.

    I am wondering though....how many offers did I miss with my late joining, since this started in Sept I believe.
    Looks like 38 emails by my count. I think you might love the member only emails the next few weeks, though. It was a good time to join!

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Books to Benefit: http://www.BooksToBenefit.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    My Official Writing Website: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  7. #27
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    2,232
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Looks like 38 emails by my count. I think you might love the member only emails the next few weeks, though. It was a good time to join!

    Brian
    Wow....damn! But yes......I believe I just got the first of those emails you mentioned. Just hoping I didn't miss out on anything too special!

  8. #28
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,057
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by TJCams View Post
    I was able to get in on this after all, with the recent email.

    I am wondering though....how many offers did I miss with my late joining, since this started in Sept I believe.
    By my calculation you saved about $400 by signing up late. Your results may vary!

  9. #29
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,491
    Rep Power
    2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    By my calculation you saved about $400 by signing up late. Your results may vary!
    HA!
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Books to Benefit: http://www.BooksToBenefit.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    My Official Writing Website: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  10. #30
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Looks like 38 emails by my count. I think you might love the member only emails the next few weeks, though. It was a good time to join!

    Brian
    No doubt!

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    By my calculation you saved about $400 by signing up late. Your results may vary!
    LOL, Martin! I haven't actually saved a dime with the CDCC! A bit of a confusing statement I'll admit so let me clarify. I don't save any money because I end up buying almost everything that is offered! LOL. What I really like about the CDCC is the heads up you get on projects so you can decide if you want to get in on the ground floor so to speak or think it over until the general announcement is made. The other huge draw for me is that the discounts offered usually cover what I'd pay in shipping. So (in my mind anyway) it's like getting free shipping on everything I order and then some depending on the discount. I always go with UPS shipping unless the only choice is priority via USPS (usually on slipcases and such). My first ever order was via media mail and it arrived damaged. I cried on Mindy's shoulder and she did me a solid by offering me another copy at a reduced price. Something she didn't have to do per the media mail advisement in the shipping FAQ. So long story even longer; my first experience being bad with CD turned out really well, and so I thought it only fair to order with the proper shipping option to cover me as the purchaser and CD as the merchant. That's the reason the CDCC is a win-win for me and I'll sign up each and every year it's offered.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,057
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    No doubt!



    LOL, Martin! I haven't actually saved a dime with the CDCC! A bit of a confusing statement I'll admit so let me clarify. I don't save any money because I end up buying almost everything that is offered! LOL. What I really like about the CDCC is the heads up you get on projects so you can decide if you want to get in on the ground floor so to speak or think it over until the general announcement is made. The other huge draw for me is that the discounts offered usually cover what I'd pay in shipping. So (in my mind anyway) it's like getting free shipping on everything I order and then some depending on the discount. I always go with UPS shipping unless the only choice is priority via USPS (usually on slipcases and such). My first ever order was via media mail and it arrived damaged. I cried on Mindy's shoulder and she did me a solid by offering me another copy at a reduced price. Something she didn't have to do per the media mail advisement in the shipping FAQ. So long story even longer; my first experience being bad with CD turned out really well, and so I thought it only fair to order with the proper shipping option to cover me as the purchaser and CD as the merchant. That's the reason the CDCC is a win-win for me and I'll sign up each and every year it's offered.
    Actually Brian I was stating the amount of money I would not have spent had I not received the emails. Although the discounts are nice and I often buy items I would buy anyways it is the oddball 'look what we found' offers that I spend the most on. I have had good experiences with Media Mail so I continue to use it. I have boxes damaged in shipping but the books were packed well enough to be unscathed. I have had a few issues with the product in the shipment (not shipping related) and Mindy has always taken care of me. I have been buying from CD long enough I can remember Kelly Laymon helping me out with some issues as well. Everyone at CD past and present have always made sure things were to my satisfaction!

  12. #32
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Actually Brian I was stating the amount of money I would not have spent had I not received the emails. Although the discounts are nice and I often buy items I would buy anyways it is the oddball 'look what we found' offers that I spend the most on. I have had good experiences with Media Mail so I continue to use it. I have boxes damaged in shipping but the books were packed well enough to be unscathed. I have had a few issues with the product in the shipment (not shipping related) and Mindy has always taken care of me. I have been buying from CD long enough I can remember Kelly Laymon helping me out with some issues as well. Everyone at CD past and present have always made sure things were to my satisfaction!
    I knew what ya meant, brother . And you're exactly right! Just backing your play....

  13. #33
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    2,232
    Rep Power
    11
    You guys are pretty lucky. It's tough to jump on stuff with the CDN dollar being what it is right now. As an example...if there was an offer I really liked that was say....$100USD - my cost is actually like $142.00CDN!!!!! + shipping too (even though I have a US address I can ship to, I still have to convert currency)

  14. #34
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    49
    Between paydays sucks, too but you're pain is a tad more severe I'd agree. Trying to find reasonable shipping from the UK ain't no joke either.

  15. #35
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,491
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Between paydays sucks, too but you're pain is a tad more severe I'd agree. Trying to find reasonable shipping from the UK ain't no joke either.
    Shipping from the UK is bad, shipping to the UK / anywhere other than Canada is worse. The USPS postal rate for shipping over seas is outrageous.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  16. #36
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    2,232
    Rep Power
    11
    It's like losing 40%! Being in a border city - that's good - it attracts visitors and investment, but for buying things in USD....ouch!

  17. #37
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,057
    Rep Power
    20
    One of my goals is to reduce my total book count this year. The CDCC is making that a very unrealistic goal!

  18. #38
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Shipping from the UK is bad, shipping to the UK / anywhere other than Canada is worse. The USPS postal rate for shipping over seas is outrageous.
    Tell me about it, Dan. I just sold 3 DT 1st/1st to a gentleman in Oz and he paid through the nose for shipping. Ouch! In my attempt to collect UK King 1st/1st; I'm trying desperately to find the most books I can from one seller in order to reduce post charges via combined shipping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    One of my goals is to reduce my total book count this year. The CDCC is making that a very unrealistic goal!
    Concur!

  19. #39
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,396
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Shipping from the UK is bad, shipping to the UK / anywhere other than Canada is worse. The USPS postal rate for shipping over seas is outrageous.
    USPS is killing me. I have to get things on the aftermarket a lot of the time because the shipping costs are just too high.

  20. #40
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    2,232
    Rep Power
    11
    You'd be surprised at the difference shipping is when comparing shipping from CD to US ( I have that option (luxury?)) or to my actual home address in Canada (and these locations are basically 15 minute drive apart). That part I don't mind, but when our dollar (CDN) went from about par with the USD maybe 2 years ago, to only being $.70 (1.4 multiplier approx), it hurts! As peteOcha said, I do look at aftermarket, or just standard versions of some books via the used online shops (or local used stores).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •