Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spookymizu View Post
    Hi Y'all.
    I'm trying to decide whether or not to take CD up on the offer for the new discounted CDCC subscription or just wait until my current subscription ends. What are y'all doing?

Normally, isn't there some sort of extra incentive to join, like a monthly credit or somesuch thing?
    I didn't jump on that right away, mainly because I had an unexpected $2,000 expense this week Still thinking about it.

The monthly credit is nice, but for me, the discounted gift certificates are where the real savings are. Last time they were available I bought a $500 gift certificate, and I just spent the last of it this week.

Comment

This last year of the CDCC has been pretty subpar. Not much to speak about. But I know we're being promised that 2023 will be a better year for the publisher, but after the Southern Reach cluster (has this ever been officially acknowledged by CD yet??) I have a pretty sour taste in my mouth.

However, it's still $100 and I'll one day eventually maybe get a signed book out of it.

I'm supposed to be a budget, and that's proving really hard to follow for me, so even though it's only $100, it's a little hard to justify today. Tomorrow may be different though.

Comment

When did this CDCC offer go out and by what means? I am a current member, have been a member in all but one year and I have received nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          When did this CDCC offer go out and by what means? I am a current member, have been a member in all but one year and I have received nothing.
          Sent you a message.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post

Sent you a message.
            Thank you. I will reach out to Mindy as I have not received these offers.

Comment

Hello everyone. I am curious if anyone is taking advantage of the 2023 books special that Cemetery Dance emailed out to the CDCC group last night? I was hesitant at first, but then after thinking about it I took the offer. The email at least shows that CD is committing to releasing more books this year. I also like the fact if they do not release what their goal is for 2023, they will make up the difference in store credit. I imagine I will receive some duplicates from books I already have on pre-order, but I have a tendency to give away copies to people who normally do not purchase from or are not familiar with Cemetery Dance. I am curious to what everyone’s thoughts are about this deal.

Pretty much, I created an account in this forum just to ask this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
                I was a member for at least two consecutive years. Joined in one year for a Iimited Simon Clark (JUDAS TREE) and a mosaic novella. That was years ago. Not even sure which year that specific club. I did inquire about both several times prior to the current pandemic but never did get a straight answer. I understand how supply chains in printing (especially in the small press) has been impacted by current events and CD does put out quality products but I do wish these backlog of promised books would be addressed with a list of each book and the status.

Jim
                That was CDCC5. I'm still waiting for that book too.

Comment

I believe the CDCC5 mosaic book is supposed to be "Sunny Pines" (from the forum "production updates" page 59 4/15/20). I did pick up the recently published paperback, just to read it.

Comment

Working...
                  X