Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    No doubt!

LOL, Martin! I haven't actually saved a dime with the CDCC! A bit of a confusing statement I'll admit so let me clarify. I don't save any money because I end up buying almost everything that is offered! LOL. What I really like about the CDCC is the heads up you get on projects so you can decide if you want to get in on the ground floor so to speak or think it over until the general announcement is made. The other huge draw for me is that the discounts offered usually cover what I'd pay in shipping. So (in my mind anyway) it's like getting free shipping on everything I order and then some depending on the discount. I always go with UPS shipping unless the only choice is priority via USPS (usually on slipcases and such). My first ever order was via media mail and it arrived damaged. I cried on Mindy's shoulder and she did me a solid by offering me another copy at a reduced price. Something she didn't have to do per the media mail advisement in the shipping FAQ. So long story even longer; my first experience being bad with CD turned out really well, and so I thought it only fair to order with the proper shipping option to cover me as the purchaser and CD as the merchant. That's the reason the CDCC is a win-win for me and I'll sign up each and every year it's offered.
    Actually Brian I was stating the amount of money I would not have spent had I not received the emails. Although the discounts are nice and I often buy items I would buy anyways it is the oddball 'look what we found' offers that I spend the most on. I have had good experiences with Media Mail so I continue to use it. I have boxes damaged in shipping but the books were packed well enough to be unscathed. I have had a few issues with the product in the shipment (not shipping related) and Mindy has always taken care of me. I have been buying from CD long enough I can remember Kelly Laymon helping me out with some issues as well. Everyone at CD past and present have always made sure things were to my satisfaction!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Actually Brian I was stating the amount of money I would not have spent had I not received the emails. Although the discounts are nice and I often buy items I would buy anyways it is the oddball 'look what we found' offers that I spend the most on. I have had good experiences with Media Mail so I continue to use it. I have boxes damaged in shipping but the books were packed well enough to be unscathed. I have had a few issues with the product in the shipment (not shipping related) and Mindy has always taken care of me. I have been buying from CD long enough I can remember Kelly Laymon helping me out with some issues as well. Everyone at CD past and present have always made sure things were to my satisfaction!
      I knew what ya meant, brother . And you're exactly right! Just backing your play....

Comment

You guys are pretty lucky. It's tough to jump on stuff with the CDN dollar being what it is right now. As an example...if there was an offer I really liked that was say....$100USD - my cost is actually like $142.00CDN!!!!! + shipping too (even though I have a US address I can ship to, I still have to convert currency)

Comment

Between paydays sucks, too but you're pain is a tad more severe I'd agree. Trying to find reasonable shipping from the UK ain't no joke either.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            Between paydays sucks, too but you're pain is a tad more severe I'd agree. Trying to find reasonable shipping from the UK ain't no joke either.
            Shipping from the UK is bad, shipping to the UK / anywhere other than Canada is worse. The USPS postal rate for shipping over seas is outrageous.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

It's like losing 40%! Being in a border city - that's good - it attracts visitors and investment, but for buying things in USD....ouch!

Comment

One of my goals is to reduce my total book count this year. The CDCC is making that a very unrealistic goal!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  Shipping from the UK is bad, shipping to the UK / anywhere other than Canada is worse. The USPS postal rate for shipping over seas is outrageous.
                  Tell me about it, Dan. I just sold 3 DT 1st/1st to a gentleman in Oz and he paid through the nose for shipping. Ouch! In my attempt to collect UK King 1st/1st; I'm trying desperately to find the most books I can from one seller in order to reduce post charges via combined shipping.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  One of my goals is to reduce my total book count this year. The CDCC is making that a very unrealistic goal!
                  Concur!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    USPS is killing me. I have to get things on the aftermarket a lot of the time because the shipping costs are just too high.

Comment

You'd be surprised at the difference shipping is when comparing shipping from CD to US ( I have that option (luxury?)) or to my actual home address in Canada (and these locations are basically 15 minute drive apart). That part I don't mind, but when our dollar (CDN) went from about par with the USD maybe 2 years ago, to only being $.70 (1.4 multiplier approx), it hurts! As peteOcha said, I do look at aftermarket, or just standard versions of some books via the used online shops (or local used stores).

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                        You'd be surprised at the difference shipping is when comparing shipping from CD to US ( I have that option (luxury?)) or to my actual home address in Canada (and these locations are basically 15 minute drive apart). That part I don't mind, but when our dollar (CDN) went from about par with the USD maybe 2 years ago, to only being $.70 (1.4 multiplier approx), it hurts! As peteOcha said, I do look at aftermarket, or just standard versions of some books via the used online shops (or local used stores).
                        What's even crazier about the shipping costs is. It costs almost twice as much to ship something from the US to the UK as it does from the UK to the US. It blows my mind.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Took advantage of today's offering, pretty psyched on the collector's club.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                            Looks like 38 emails by my count. I think you might love the member only emails the next few weeks, though. It was a good time to join!

Brian
                            Damn it was a good time to join! I only took advantage of 1 of them.....and let me say this, I was very happy!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                              Damn it was a good time to join! I only took advantage of 1 of them.....and let me say this, I was very happy!
                              What did you pick up? I showed great restraint and only added the Darknell Double from Lonely Road books!

Comment

Grabbed a grab bag. Got all titles I didn't own too!

Comment

Working...
                                X