Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1212

Thread: CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

  1. #1121
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,994
    Rep Power
    64
    I passed on this one. I just got my 2 for $20 in the mail today and am very pleased with the 2 books I received..........and then I saw my credit balance and said what the heck and ordered one.
    Last edited by bookworm 1; 02-27-2020 at 01:33 AM.

  2. #1122
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,519
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpheel View Post
    Hope I don't too but that's what Ebay is for!
    I use Powell’s books for trading away my duplicates.

  3. #1123
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,519
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I passed on this one. I just got my 2 for $20 in the mail today and am very pleased with the 2 books I received..........and then I saw my credit balance and said what the heck and ordered one.
    That was quick. USPS says Accepted for mine. Of course it could be waiting for me when I get home. That happened with Brother recently.

  4. #1124
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,726
    Rep Power
    2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I did not think about buying two. Hope you don’t get duplicates.
    Dan is going to try really hard to make sure people who purchase two on the SAME order don't get duplicates. We didn't "promise" that in the sales copy, just because mistakes do happen, but he and his team in the warehouse do try to figure out how to make two completely different sets on this sort of deal. Sometimes it isn't possible, but I believe it should be on this one.

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  5. #1125
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,994
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    That was quick. USPS says Accepted for mine. Of course it could be waiting for me when I get home. That happened with Brother recently.
    Went with Fed EX shipping. I have had several packages �� go missing recently including one from CD and didn’t handle the situation very well and ended up apologizing for it. I was frustrated and took it out on the wrong person. So now I am going with a more reliable shipping option. The post office was not very helpful

  6. #1126
    Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,057
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Dan is going to try really hard to make sure people who purchase two on the SAME order don't get duplicates. We didn't "promise" that in the sales copy, just because mistakes do happen, but he and his team in the warehouse do try to figure out how to make two completely different sets on this sort of deal. Sometimes it isn't possible, but I believe it should be on this one.

    Brian
    The other reason we say that, is because there's always the couple people who order 3 or 4 and often times there's nothing I can do about that but give people duplicates.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  7. #1127
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,519
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Went with Fed EX shipping. I have had several packages �� go missing recently including one from CD and didn’t handle the situation very well and ended up apologizing for it. I was frustrated and took it out on the wrong person. So now I am going with a more reliable shipping option. The post office was not very helpful
    I have been real lucky with USPS. The only exceptions are when there is and envelope that says do not bend it is interpreted as bend gently. And when a parcel is just large enough to fit into my box he does not place it in a parcel locker. The problem is that the opening in the postman’s side is larger than mine. I have spent several minutes extracting a book with damaging on way too many occasions.
    Last edited by Martin; 02-27-2020 at 05:06 PM.

  8. #1128
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,519
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    The other reason we say that, is because there's always the couple people who order 3 or 4 and often times there's nothing I can do about that but give people duplicates.
    I think I have only ordered multiples once when the copy specifically stated you would build the boxes based on how many were purchased to ensure more duplicates.

  9. #1129
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,994
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have been real lucky with USPS. The only exceptions are when there is and envelope that says do not bend it is interpreted as bend gently. And when a parcel is just large enough to fit into my box he does not place it in a parcel locker. The problem is that the opening in the postman’s side is larger than mine. I have spent several minutes extracting a book with damaging on way too many occasions.
    Things were great with USPS until this year. Same mail carrier so don’t understand what is going on. Anyway I did really like what I got and am looking forward to the latest offer arriving.

  10. #1130
    Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,057
    Rep Power
    29
    Today's offer should be pretty good for newer customers. Should be getting sent out to the CDCC soonish.

    Also the link for the next bonus item should be getting emailed out this week.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  11. #1131
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,519
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Today's offer should be pretty good for newer customers. Should be getting sent out to the CDCC soonish.

    Also the link for the next bonus item should be getting emailed out this week.
    I probably do not qualify as new but I jumped on this. Will most likely get duplicates and I have resisted a few recent release so who knows. The duplicates will get traded at Powell’s for credit.

  12. #1132
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    2,118
    Rep Power
    14
    The price suggests that this latest deal is mutually beneficial.

  13. #1133
    Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,057
    Rep Power
    29
    My tentative plan for the latest deal is to attempt to use stuff oldest to newest. So ideally every grab bag will at least have a couple fairly old titles in them. But honestly (depending on how many we sell) every book in the grab bag could be fairly old). I'm looking to avoid stuff from the last couple of years, and I'm attempting to clear our our oldest storage area, as I have plans for that space.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  14. #1134
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    My tentative plan for the latest deal is to attempt to use stuff oldest to newest. So ideally every grab bag will at least have a couple fairly old titles in them. But honestly (depending on how many we sell) every book in the grab bag could be fairly old). I'm looking to avoid stuff from the last couple of years, and I'm attempting to clear our our oldest storage area, as I have plans for that space.
    Sounds great to me. I ordered two!

  15. #1135
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,519
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpheel View Post
    Sounds great to me. I ordered two!
    Sounds great to me as well but I am sticking to one. Really intrigued with what may come.

  16. #1136
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,519
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    The price suggests that this latest deal is mutually beneficial.
    Gives you another chance to sneak in some Little stories to your collection.

  17. #1137
    Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,057
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Gives you another chance to sneak in some Little stories to your collection.
    If he's lucky... though with the stuff I'm looking at using, I'm not sure there's really and Little stuff to be had. Could be wrong though, I haven't had a chance to look that closely at my storage list yet.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  18. #1138
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    814
    Rep Power
    9
    I opted to pass on today's offer. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  19. #1139
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0
    Today's offer intrigued me. I only began buying Cemetery Dance a few years back, so I'm hoping that I might be able to fill up my collection with some older titles I don't have. But even if I get duplicates, it's always nice to have a reading copy or to pay it forward.
    Fingers crossed!

  20. #1140
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    3
    I jumped. I always get some dupes on the grab bags, but I haven't been buying many limiteds lately so we'll see. Plus I didn't have to use any real cash - only that fake CD credit stuff.

    And unlike Jeff, I was very glad to get my copy of The Washingtonians in my last grab bag.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •