Thread: CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Hybrid View

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar

CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

I stole this post to name this thread the "Offical thread for all of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Clubs. Sorry for editing the original post, but that's pretty much what this thread has become anyways.

-Dan

I need some help here. When I first read about this, I was tempted to join, but I passed.
    This afternoon I received an e-mail again showcasing the pros of joining this Collector's Club.
    Of course, this was all very tempting and join I did.
    Now I actually have no idea what to expect. The CD website explained things in detail and it did sound like a great deal, but how many here actually have joined as well because of previous Collectors Club experience?
    If so, please do tell.
    Thanks,

sk
    Last edited by Dan Hocker; 09-10-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    I would love to join, but right now, it's not in my budget. I was in CDCC4 and it was fantastic - even just for the exclusive deals alone, never mind the trinkets, and items/books included with it.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    This will be my fifth year in the CDCC and I consider it a "mandatory" purchase. My excitement for the book offered varies from year to year, but that's to be expected. I'm pretty excited about this one though. In my opinion, if a person buys a fair amount of books from CD then it is probably the best deal going with the advance notification, discounts, and 50% Off Gift Certificates that are only offered to the CDCC. I buy a whole lot of what CD publishes and also take advantage of some of the discounts offered on Sub Press books as well, so I always find the club worth it and have never been disappointed.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I have been in every one. I agree that this is mandatory. Without the cdcc and the discounts I would not have gotten a signed numbered copy of Blue World from Subterranean Press. Also would have missed out on the latest Joe R. Lansdale book. I don't use every coupon but with all the perks and the exclusive book or books it is well worth it.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like I made the right choice to join.
    I do have one question: these 50% Off Gift Certificates, how exactly does this work? You buy the certificates and then get 50% off whatever purchases you make?
    How much should I expect to pay for these certificates?

sk

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like I made the right choice to join.
    I do have one question: these 50% Off Gift Certificates, how exactly does this work? You buy the certificates and then get 50% off whatever purchases you make?
    How much should I expect to pay for these certificates?

sk
    The certificates themselves are 50% off. So a $500 certificate only costs $250.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Bringing this thread back to its normal focus: I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the John Coyne collection. Anybody have any experience with his work? I've come across a ton of his paperbacks in used bookstores but never picked one up. He seems to have been very popular at one time. He along with Owl Goingback and T.M. Wright are always at used bookstores that I have frequented.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Bringing this thread back to its normal focus: I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the John Coyne collection. Anybody have any experience with his work? I've come across a ton of his paperbacks in used bookstores but never picked one up. He seems to have been very popular at one time. He along with Owl Goingback and T.M. Wright are always at used bookstores that I have frequented.
    Same here -- remember seeing his half-dozen or so pbs all over the used bookstore shelves and I've read a few of them, but don't really recall much about his stuff. I'll probably pick up this collection if for no other reason than it's kinda neat to see the Names from back-in-the-day resurface.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Same here -- remember seeing his half-dozen or so pbs all over the used bookstore shelves and I've read a few of them, but don't really recall much about his stuff. I'll probably pick up this collection if for no other reason than it's kinda neat to see the Names from back-in-the-day resurface.
    I'm wondering if this is one of the books talked about in the early readers club. Sounds kind of familiar. I would have jumped on this but I have jumped too much lately and need to rein it in for a little while.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    I'm moved some posts to their own thread over in the "Other Publishers" section.

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...-of-Hill-House
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks