Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving books with or without slipcases in the publishers shrink-wrap. Do or Don't??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    My copy shows similar spots, Brian. They don't rub off.

sk
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Maybe they used a different material than what we use on our matte stuff, but when our stuff has marks like that on it they typically rub off with a very very slightly damp cloth.
    Thanks Siep in reference to your copy. Might just be an issue with this edition. Thinking I'll still try the very slightly damp cloth that you suggest Dan just to see if it's a permanent thing. Thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Apprehensive about that I'll admit. Might give it a go all the same though.
      The trick is to lightly spray some on a paper towel, then gently wipe the dust jacket or whatever you're trying to clean. Don't actually spray anything directly on your book .

Comment

My copy shows similar spots, Brian. They don't rub off.

sk
        Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
        The trick is to lightly spray some on a paper towel, then gently wipe the dust jacket or whatever you're trying to clean. Don't actually spray anything directly on your book .
        Oh I certainly would never do that! lol. You were correct Siep, they will not come off. I gave it the old gentle college try and it stays just as it is. Dan, do you think it'd be appropriate to start another thread solely addressing this issue? I'm just really curious if Siep and I are the only ones to experience this. Thanks.
        Last edited by Brian861; 09-25-2015, 10:50 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell "Siep" correctly :-(.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Oh I certainly would never do that! lol. You were correct Sief, they will not come off. I gave it the old gentle college try and it stays just as it is. Dan, do you think it'd be appropriate to start another thread solely addressing this issue? I'm just really curious if Sief and I are the only ones to experience this. Thanks.
          Mine has the same, I think it's just rubbing marks between the book and case. I've seen it a lot with matte finishes. Shiny get scratches and matte gets rub marks.

Comment

Sief, Brian?? We got a new member here???

sk

Comment

LOL!! Yes!!! Your "Dark Half" . Seriously though "Siep", I apologize. I knew it'd screw up the spelling sooner or later :-/. And sadly my friend, it probably won't be the last so I'll apologize in advance for future post

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                Mine has the same, I think it's just rubbing marks between the book and case. I've seen it a lot with matte finishes. Shiny get scratches and matte gets rub marks.
                That makes sense for sure. Oh well, at least the slipcase looks nice??

Comment

No problem, Brian, my first name is not too common here either, let alone in your part of the world.
                  I'll live..

sk

Comment

Well ya got some pretty cool initials out of the deal

Comment

Yes. Plus my favorite director's as well.
                      Any idea who this could be?

sk

Comment

My guess would be Stanley Kubrick.
                        Mike

Comment

Isn't that the guy who absolutely destroyed The Shining?

Comment

Watch it, Brian - Stanly Kubrick did not destroy The Shining. Maybe his adaptation did not live up to your expectations, but that's a different story.
                            To tell the truth: I was terribly disappointed as well.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
                              My guess would be Stanley Kubrick.
                              Mike
                              Absolutely!

sk

Comment

To tell the truth: I was terribly disappointed as well.

sk
                                The prosecution rest

Comment

Working...
                                X