No announcement yet.

Brian861's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice stuff Brian. I love Jim Thompson and to get a copy signed by King is quite coup.

Love Bag of Bones set too!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      I received this gift from an anonymous person via Betts. Huge thanks to whomever they may be!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20044[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20045[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]20046[/ATTACH]

Recent order from JW:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20047[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20048[/ATTACH]
      Why two copies of The Regulators in one slipcase?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
        Very nice stuff Brian. I love Jim Thompson and to get a copy signed by King is quite coup.

!
        +1 -- that's a great new addition!
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Why two copies of The Regulators in one slipcase?
          Two different publishers; Viking and Dutton.

Not sure why though... Maybe an odd contract that split production. I know both are North American releases, but maybe one is US and the other Canada. Any clarification on that front Brian?

Comment

Two different publishers; Viking and Dutton.

Not sure why though... Maybe an odd contract that split production. I know both are North American releases, but maybe one is US and the other Canada. Any clarification on that front Brian?
            That is interesting. I always thought that The Regulators was all Dutton and Desperation was all Viking. Now I have some exploring to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Thanks for posting this. Somehow I had missed this release. Ordered, hopefully mine will not be damaged in shipping.
              Most welcome and hopefully not.

Very nice stuff Brian. I love Jim Thompson and to get a copy signed by King is quite coup. Love Bag of Bones set too!
              Thanks, Dan! I didn't care for the show that aired on A&E at all. Didn't even watch the second night. But it didn't kill my love of the story.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              +1 -- that's a great new addition!
              Thanks, Ron!

Two different publishers; Viking and Dutton.Not sure why though... Maybe an odd contract that split production. I know both are North American releases, but maybe one is US and the other Canada. Any clarification on that front Brian?
              That's correct, Dan. The Dutton was published in the US and Viking in Canada. The Viking was almost impossible to find but I end up finding one on ABE from a Canadian seller. It's in F/F condition which was also a bonus. My Dutton edition is Remarqued by Alan Clark. I've gotten rid of most of my 1st/1st editions as I decided to give up on being a King completist. Any that I have left over are for some strange reason in my head LOL. This would be the case with this set. The next shipment of slipcases will really have you scratching your heads!

Comment

Thanks Brian! I thought that was the case.

If anyone is desperate for a copy of the Canuck Regulators I can always keep my eyes open for a nice copy. Used copies of it are dime a dozen here.

Comment

Congrats on that Jim Thompson! That's a terrific addition to the collection.

Comment

Originally posted by daverob View Post
                    Congrats on that Jim Thompson! That's a terrific addition to the collection.
                    Thanks, Dave!

Comment

The Fireman German TPB edition from a German friend; Along with some German SK promo stuff:

Joe Hill The Fireman German TPB.jpgSK German Promo Stuff From Frank.jpg

Comment

Newest cases from Jeff:

JW Slipcases.jpgJW Slipcases 2.jpg

Comment

Received this inscribed copy from Oblong Books:

Owen King Inscribed US Sleeping Beauties.jpg

Comment

Birth.Movies.Death. Stephen King Commemorative Issue:

B.M.D. SK Commemorative Issue 1.jpgB.M.D. SK Commemorative Issue 2.jpg
                            B.M.D. SK Commemorative Issue 3.jpgB.M.D. SK Commemorative Issue 4.jpg
                            B.M.D. SK Commemorative Issue 5.jpgB.M.D. SK Commemorative Issue 6.jpg

Comment

B.M.D. SK Commemorative Issue 7.jpgB.M.D. SK Commemorative Issue 8.jpg
                              B.M.D. SK Commemorative Issue 9.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]20209[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20210[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]20211[/ATTACH]
                                Congratulations on the Birth.Movies.Death issue, it has some great content! I also saw several people with the 'Stephen King Rule' T-Shirt on at his recent appearance, it is a pretty cool shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X