No announcement yet.

Brian861's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. It's by no means collectable stuff but they have gotten me through many long nights back in my guard duty days. That and Art Bell.

Comment

09-10-15 from CD.jpg

My undamaged copy of Carrie

09-10-15 CD Slipcases.jpg

CD Slipcases (books not included)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian861; 09-19-2015, 02:24 PM. Reason: Brothers and Helltracks no longer part of collection

Comment

09-10-15a CD Slipcases.jpg
        Top view of slipcases. Super impressed with these. Will definitely be part of my future orders.

Comment

If you think the It slipcase is nice you should see the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            If you think the It slipcase is nice you should see the book!
            Oh I can only image Martin. Carrie is super nice even at the gift edition level. I hope to get my hands on CD's "IT" someday for sure. Of any edition.

Comment

I'm quite impressed with your vastly differing collection. So glad you posted pics. Also smart move on picking the slipcases first as they are harder to find once sold out and CD does an awesome job with them. Looking forward to more as they begin to pile up on you. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
                I'm quite impressed with your vastly differing collection. So glad you posted pics. Also smart move on picking the slipcases first as they are harder to find once sold out and CD does an awesome job with them. Looking forward to more as they begin to pile up on you. Mike
                Thanks Mike. I appreciate that. I know several have posted they are readers first, collectors second. I kinda see myself going in the opposite direction to some extend anyway. I probably won't read everything I collect but, to me, doesn't mean I can't appreciate it just the same. But I completely agree Mike. The slipcases are worth every penny. I'm gonna purchase the Bazaar one tonight.

Comment

Very nice editions, to say the least.

Comment

Yep, a lot of cool stuff here, including a number of books I've been meaning to get to for years. Thanks for the pics!
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by William J. Grabowski View Post
                      Very nice editions, to say the least.
                      Originally posted by bugen View Post
                      Yep, a lot of cool stuff here, including a number of books I've been meaning to get to for years. Thanks for the pics!
                      Thanks guys!! Appreciate it. I'll be posting a few more this evening.

Comment

09-11-15 eBay.jpg

Another ebay pickup that arrived today.

Al's 1.jpgAl's 2.jpg

Picked these up at a local mom and pop. Extremely nice and knowledgeable older lady. She too said she'd always be a reader before a collector. Maybe I am doing this wrong lol. She made me an offer of $100 on Riding the Bullet from Lonely Road and $150 for a numbered edition of Doctor Sleep from CD. Doctor Sleep is still in the plastic wrap and Riding the Bullet, although not wrapped, is in pristine condition. Good offers on both?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]17085[/ATTACH]

Another ebay pickup that arrived today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17086[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17087[/ATTACH]

Picked these up at a local mom and pop. Extremely nice and knowledgeable older lady. She too said she'd always be a reader before a collector. Maybe I am doing this wrong lol. She made me an offer of $100 on Riding the Bullet from Lonely Road and $150 for a numbered edition of Doctor Sleep from CD. Doctor Sleep is still in the plastic wrap and Riding the Bullet, although not wrapped, is in pristine condition. Good offers on both?
                          Both of those prices seem comparable with what you can get them for on ABE books. I would always buy from a local family business when possible and they seem reasonable there.

Comment

I think that's a little low for a numbered edition. Is it the gift edition? . The gift edition of Riding the Bullet seems about on target.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              I think that's a little low for a numbered edition. Is it the gift edition? . The gift edition of Riding the Bullet seems about on target.
                              It'd have to be the gift edition I agree as it was in a slipcase and not a traycase. She may have thought the gift editions were numbered as well.

Comment

Al's 3 09-12-15.jpg

Returned to the mom and pop today and picked this up. "Mom" reneged on her initial offer yesterday for Doctor Sleep at $150. She claimed that Amazon sell prices were higher for the book and tacked on another $100 bucks. While we didn't shake on the deal yesterday, I advised her that (in my opinion) that wasn't a very good business practice. I guess I should have just picked it up yesterday but wanted to conduct my own research, i.e. get your opinions. Needless to say, it isn't pictured here.......

Comment

Working...
                                X