No announcement yet.

Brian861's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to take it out of the case and sit down with it for a while. The Stand is going to be a monster, at this rate

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      I need to take it out of the case and sit down with it for a while. The Stand is going to be a monster, at this rate
      Agreed, Dave. Delivery company might want to install heavy duty shocks on all their vehicles before rolling that bad boy out.

Comment

Compared to the US Trade Illustrated Edition (which I need a much better copy of):

IMG_2210.jpgIMG_2211.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Brian! It's a nice-looking book!
          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
            Thanks for the pics, Brian! It's a nice-looking book!
            Sure thing, Andrew. It is a great looking book. Photos can't do it justice compared to it live.

Comment

Great collection! I love all the variants, although I swore I'd never get sucked into collecting them after seeing a collector (Lilja?) who wanted a copy of each book in every language in which it was ever published. I can't beat that!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                Great collection! I love all the variants, although I swore I'd never get sucked into collecting them after seeing a collector (Lilja?) who wanted a copy of each book in every language in which it was ever published. I can't beat that!
                Thanks, Dave! I can't image trying to put something together like that. And I don't even think about getting into the proof/arc game.

Comment

Some new adds takes to a mate from across the pond. The Green Mile UK serial PBs.

Green Mile UK PBs.jpg

Comment

Joyland UK PB. You'll see that the UK is slightly shorter than the US, the numbers are different above the last barcode area, and the page color is slightly different. UK edition is on the left in the first two photos and on top in the last photo.

Joyland 1.jpgJoyland 2.jpg
                    Joyland 3.jpg
                    Last edited by Brian861; 06-12-2016, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      Some new adds takes to a mate from across the pond. The Green Mile UK serial PBs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18731[/ATTACH]
                      Very nice, Brian. And the 'Salem's Lot is stunning! The memo scans are a real slice from time.

Comment

I've been quite lucky in love and have had only two truly brutal breakups in my life; the second gave me that Green Mile collection. I still haven't read it.
                        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks, William and Andrew! You guys might already know this but the memo scans in 'Salem's Lot were provided by a member of TDT.org, Bob Jackson. Not sure if he's a member here. Don't recall ever seeing him post if so.

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                          I've been quite lucky in love and have had only two truly brutal breakups in my life; the second gave me that Green Mile collection. I still haven't read it.
                          Two is two too many, my friend . But, unfortunately, we've probably all experienced it. I read The Green Mile book by book as they were released in serials. Then again when it was released in HC. Hopefully you'll pick up a reading someplace if you don't want to touch your original gift. I feel you're missing out on King's best stories if ya don't. And one of, if not the best movie adaptation to date IMO. Shawshank and Stand By Me are pretty damn good too.

Comment

My dinged The Shining Folio edition. The one that Martin, really, really wants . (Probably without the ding though).

The Shining Folio 1.jpgThe Shining Folio 2.jpg
                            The Shining Folio 3.jpg

Comment

I haven't ordered mine - yet.
                              What do you think, Brian, worth ordering??

sk

Comment

Nice addition. Too bad about the ding though.

Comment

Working...
                                X