Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    The latest two books of the Novella series:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17746[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17747[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17748[/ATTACH]

Some interior art from The Angels

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17749[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17736[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17737[/ATTACH]
    Great additions. Both books are great reads.

Comment

My local HPB has a copy of that in their collector's area. But you got the best number ever . . .

Latest addition via a recent HF auction:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]17955[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17956[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]17957[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17958[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        Great additions. Both books are great reads.
        Thank! I plan on someday sitting down and reading all the books in the series as well as the Signature series.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          My local HPB has a copy of that in their collector's area. But you got the best number ever . . .
          I think it's pretty cool also, Jason. Although my mother-in-law would strongly disagree with us both

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I will try and remember to look tonight.
            ** sorry just realized this did not carry the photos forward. It is in reference to the PS 20th Century Ghost differences between the unsigned and signed editions. **

Finally got around to comparing these. My signed limited edition came with a slightly damaged dust jacket. To replace the dust jacket Pete sent me a copy of the slip cased unsigned edition. With both dust jackets wrapped around the book. In essence replacing my dust jacket and giving me another version of the book. Now here is what I have found in regards to the barcode sticker. The signed version has no barcode at all on the dust jacket at all. The barcode is on he bottom of the slip case keeping the dust jacket nice and clean. The unsigned edition has the barcode on the lower left of the back of the dust jacket and then a sticker on the lower right of the back of the dust jacket cover the words 'Cover Art by Vincent Chong'. You have also commented about the poor quality of the unsigned edition slip case. I think you displeasure comes from the way the surface is glued to the case. It is a two piece wrap with one piece covering the front, top, bottom and side with another piece glued to the back to complete the cover. This method leaves unsightly lines and just kind of has an amateurish look to it to me. The signed edition slipcase is a single piece that wraps around and glues at the top and bottom. Leaving a much cleaner and professional look.
            Last edited by Martin; 03-12-2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Great additions!

Comment

** sorry just realized this did not carry the photos forward. It is in reference to the PS 20th Century Ghost differences between the unsigned and signed editions. **

Finally got around to comparing these. My signed limited edition came with a slightly damaged dust jacket. To replace the dust jacket Pete sent me a copy of the slip cased unsigned edition. With both dust jackets wrapped around the book. In essence replacing my dust jacket and giving me another version of the book. Now here is what I have found in regards to the barcode sticker. The signed version has no barcode at all on the dust jacket at all. The barcode is on he bottom of the slip case keeping the dust jacket nice and clean. The unsigned edition has the barcode on the lower left of the back of the dust jacket and then a sticker on the lower right of the back of the dust jacket cover the words 'Cover Art by Vincent Chong'. You have also commented about the poor quality of the unsigned edition slip case. I think you displeasure comes from the way the surface is glued to the case. It is a two piece wrap with one piece covering the front, top, bottom and side with another piece glued to the back to complete the cover. This method leaves unsightly lines and just kind of has an amateurish look to it to me. The signed edition slipcase is a single piece that wraps around and glues at the top and bottom. Leaving a much cleaner and professional look.
                Thanks, Martin for checking it out. Your words regarding the unsigned slipcase are a lot kinder than mine by far . Really it would have been better to just leave the unsigned, unslipcased rather than throwing a halfass attempt at it. Anyway, I've beat on that dead horse long enough. Some dislike the book quality itself of the unsigned but I think it's fine. Lesson learned however that with PS, you're going to have to step up for better quality. At least their SK anniversary series looks like it's now headed in the right direction.

I doubt the unsigneds will have any significant value over time but I'll keep the DJs in their original state (won't remove the sticker) since that's the way they were released. I'll hang onto the inferior slipcases as well but might upgrade to an aftermarket at some point. Not a priority by any means though.

Comment

Still debating if I should get the PS 20th Century Ghosts (Joe Hill) limiteds.
                  Some apparently are not impressed with the quality of these books, others are.
                  What do you think, Brian??

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                    Based on the photos that Martin posted, I'd go with a limited. Plus he's been around the block long enough that you and I both can trust his opinion I feel. My issue never was with the book quality, only the slipcase. When they release The Fireman, I know now to go with a limited vs. trade. I've ordered the trade through CD anyway and they produce superior slipcases so that purchase was a no brainer for me.
                    Last edited by Brian861; 03-13-2016, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                      Siep,
                      I have both the signed and unsigned version of this book and I would agree with Brian. The actual books are the same with the exception of the signature sheet. The differences are in the extras. The signed version includes a slipcase that is better constructed and has art that goes with the stories. The signed version also has the extra pack of art and the DVD with the two shorts made for stories. In my view the signed version is the way to go.

Comment

Thanks for chiming in, Martin. Maybe you could point Siep towards your photo post of the limited. I looked and can't seem to find it.

Comment

Thanks for chiming in, Martin. Maybe you could point Siep towards your photo post of the limited. I looked and can't seem to find it.
                          I am pretty sure I have not taken any photo's yet. Unfortunately I am still spending most of my time in bed. I am only able to be up for a few minutes at a time and am not able to take pictures yet. Hopefully I will be able to add them to my collection thread soon though.

Comment

Pretty sure it's not my pic you guys are talking about but here's a link to it just in case. I'd paste it here but don't want to mess with Brian's thread.

It's a busy photo but there was a lot of stuff included with limited:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ll=1#post78530
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I am pretty sure I have not taken any photo's yet. Unfortunately I am still spending most of my time in bed. I am only able to be up for a few minutes at a time and am not able to take pictures yet. Hopefully I will be able to add them to my collection thread soon though.
                              Doh!! I think it actually was Andrew's that I was referring to. I guess I just had Martin on the brain. "We all shine a little" . Feel better soon, brother. My apologizes.

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                              Pretty sure it's not my pic you guys are talking about but here's a link to it just in case. I'd paste it here but don't want to mess with Brian's thread.

It's a busy photo but there was a lot of stuff included with limited:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?538-Post-Your-Latest-
                              Purchase&p=78530&viewfull=1#post78530
                              No worries, Andrew! Thanks for bailing me out since I kept insisting it was Martin who had posted it, LOL. There ya go, Siep. Hopefully that helps. I think it's a beautiful spread.
                              Last edited by Brian861; 03-13-2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Lol, ok good then. I was one of those happy with the limited and saw a few of the folks over at DT didn't care for it too much, but I've also seen one of those guys knocking all Easton Press books.
                                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X