X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian861's Collection

And so it begins.......................
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian861; 09-19-2015, 02:18 PM. Reason: Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters no longer part of collection.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    And so it begins.......................
    That is a very nice beginning, I love both of those!

Comment

Thanks Martin . I'll post as they arrive. I have a ton of what I call "Daily Drivers" down in the basement, mostly King, but figure everyone has seen those so no reason to post em.

Comment

As beginnings go, that's pretty sweet. I myself would like to see your "daily drivers". I hate to speak for everyone else but we are book fans that is why we are here, to say nothing of how they are presented, shelves, bookcases, racks etc. Bring it on! Mike

Comment

Nice!
          “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
          — Roland Deschain
          Wanted
          The following Cemetery Dance ARC: Full Dark, No Stars, Doctor Sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
            As beginnings go, that's pretty sweet. I myself would like to see your "daily drivers". I hate to speak for everyone else but we are book fans that is why we are here, to say nothing of how they are presented, shelves, bookcases, racks etc. Bring it on! Mike
            LOL. Alrighty Mike. I'll try and get em ready in the next day or so for their photo op.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
              I completely agree!

Comment

Yeah we love all books here, bring'em on Brian!

Comment

Basement Pics 6.jpgBasement Pics 2.jpgBasement Pics 3.jpgBasement Pics 5.jpg
                  First of all guys I'd like to thank you each for encouraging me to post em. They have been boxed up in my basement for a few years since our last (and hopefully final) move. Although I did discover my son has been going into the boxes from time to time to pull a few to read. I actually found that very encouraging, considering all the distractions todays youth have, to actually take the time to read an actual book not on a screen. Nothing wrong with that mind you, just hasn't caught on with me yet. And thanks to CD for lighting the fire in me to read again with all the amazing projects that they do and to start my own collection late in the game. Anyway, hoping I'm doing this right.........
                  Last edited by Brian861; 09-10-2015, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Also while going through the boxes, I discovered a few holes in my King collection of the trade stuff. Some I found out my son had as stated above. Maybe my daughter has some at her place too. If not, I guess they got lost in all the moves :-(. Here's the unfinished room I like to keep "the good stuff" in one of these days.

Comment

Rather diverse collection, some really nice stuff in there. What edition is 'A Time to Kill'?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Rather diverse collection, some really nice stuff in there. What edition is 'A Time to Kill'?
                        Yea, it's all over the place Martin. Probably like my collectables will be lol. Not sure on A Time to Kill. It doesn't say on the copy right page. 'Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition is a first edition if it's of any significance.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Yea, it's all over the place Martin. Probably like my collectables will be lol. Not sure on A Time to Kill. It doesn't say on the copy right page. 'Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition is a first edition if it's of any significance.
                          Does the copy of 'A Time to Kill' say "A Novel of Retribution" on the cover?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Does the copy of 'A Time to Kill' say "A Novel of Retribution" on the cover?
                            No Sir, it does not.

Comment

Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X