Upcoming Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I don't think the original cuts where released on anything but Laserdisk / VHS. I think if you at least have a DVD it's probably at the very least one of the first two alterations post release done to the film. If you have DVD's released since the prequels, then you almost certainly have the special editions, and I think all of the Blu-Ray's are the special editions.
    My DVD set came out before the prequels were released. It has the three movies and a DVD of extras. I wonder if I can tell the version by the length of the movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      My DVD set came out before the prequels were released. It has the three movies and a DVD of extras. I wonder if I can tell the version by the length of the movie?
      Well I think the first change made was the whole "Han Shot First" thing. So if yours doesn't have Greedo shooting then it's one of the edits. You can probably tell by the release date of that particular DVD though.

Edit: Here's a wikipedia list of changes in the re-releases. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rs_re-releases
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Well I think the first change made was the whole "Han Shot First" thing. So if yours doesn't have Greedo shooting then it's one of the edits. You can probably tell by the release date of that particular DVD though.

Edit: Here's a wikipedia list of changes in the re-releases. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rs_re-releases
        I think that page explains things "For the original trilogy's DVD release in 2004, the negatives were re-scanned and the color timing was redone, and further changes were made to the films to fix continuity errors with the prequel trilogy." My set is dated 2004 so it appears I have a "Special" edition.

Comment

Maybe it's time to sell my laser disc set of the original "untainted" three movies!!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            I've got that set, too! It was delivered by accident to a Sam Goody store in Hays, KS and the manager saved it for me to look at before sending it back. Ninety-nine well-spent dollars. I've also got the collector's edition of Hellraiser that includes Barker's shooting script.
            Ninety-nine dollars??!!?? Oh man. I paid $250 for mine brand new when it came out. I think the boxset of the first Special Edition release was about $100.

I love the big box sets that Disney did. I own a few of them (missing four maybe?) Beautiful editions full of lots of cool extras. The Toy Story set might be the only place to find the original Snowman Snowglobe short before the adjusted the girl in the Snowglobe.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              I think the boxset of the first Special Edition release was about $100.
              That's probably the one I have. the Special Editions of the first three films. 9 Discs. no book, just a folded insert.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                That's probably the one I have. the Special Editions of the first three films. 9 Discs. no book, just a folded insert.
                I'll bust my set out and take some pictures. It's right behind me but it's too dark right now (and my Sleigh'r beer is hitting all the rights spots so no pics tonight.)

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                  Having previously not heard of either of these I've got to say I agree on both.
                  You might have already seen it, but if you think The Nice Guys looks good, you should definitely check out Shane Black's criminally underrated Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer have never been better.

Comment

Well I'll be seeing Star Wars in a little over 4 Hours. I've purposefully avoided all the reviews and everything that has come out since the premier on Monday. I can't wait to see this.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      Maybe it's time to sell my laser disc set of the original "untainted" three movies!!
                      Is this the set you mean, Brad? Got one as well - it used to be my pride and joy.

Attached Files

Comment

Yep, that's it!

Comment

I still have that one. Love all of the bonus features especially all of the isolated soundtracks.

Still think it was really strange that book didn't come with its dustcover (but the book alone and it does.)

Lots of the big Disney and Universal Signature laserdiscs included some cool books and art prints.

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                          Is this the set you mean, Brad? Got one as well - it used to be my pride and joy.

Comment

I can't remember the last time I watched those, but it is nice having the original movie versions.

Comment

Working...
                            X