No announcement yet.

Dark Region press issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lineup is spectacular. I didn't have the money on hand to get in on the kickstarter, but I already Preordered a copy through Camelot. I did throw in a dollar to the kickstarter to find out about the Ketchum book, though!

Comment

I was going to pass until they announced Norman Prentiss on the last day. I went cheap with the paperback edition. Still have very very mixed feelings about the new business model and the way they are making some decisions.

Comment

The new business model seems more and more like monkey business.

Lots of carrots dangling from strings.

The Laymon slipcases as a bonus for signing up for patreon is total bs. I like a nice slipcase, don't get me wrong, but by the time they finally produce the books the slipcases will be worth more the the books themselves.

I ordered the most expensive Laymon available, can't recall what they called that version right now, but I'm calling it very past due.

If you want their average titles, just get them off ebay...that's what I do. Less bs and email spam that way.

Not bitter, just disapointed in their customer service.

Mark

Comment

I had pledged at the $300 level for their Black Labyrinth 2 Kickstarter, which funded in November 2013 with an October 2014 estimated delivery date. This was supposed to get me both the numbered and lettered versions, with matching numbers/letters if available. I requested each to match the copies I'd purchased for book 1.

A couple weeks ago, over 1 year after the estimated delivery date, and after being bombarded with numerous other Kickstarter/Indie-Go-Go/Patreon campaigns (a few of which I pledged), I finally got a shipping notice - followed by a note letting me know due to an error the numbered copy had been sold out so I wouldn't be receiving a copy. My options are a $50 credit or a free copy of the numbered version of book 3.

I couldn't believe it. After all that time and money - they sold too many copies to the general public after collecting enough funds to help get the book published. I definitely don't want a numbered copy of book 3 since I don't have book 2, and $50 just means I have to order more product from them. How hard would it have been to set aside the Kickstarter funded copies in their warehouse, since they didn't want to send portions in separate batches.

Adding on to that, half of the bonus books I received were dented and folded - they're reading copies at best - definitely not in new condition.

They produce a nice product; I was looking forward to the slipcased version new Clive Barker offering. However, I haven't ordered yet because this experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth. I'm really debating whether I want to do any more business with them. They seem more worried about promoting their crowd-sourcing campaigns (often through misleading wording - as noted above about the pre-orders for the Barker book) than any semblance of customer service or trying to remain on target with shipping schedules.

Comment

Can you register a complaint with Kickstarter?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              Can you register a complaint with Kickstarter?
              Ugh... I've tried to write this reply like 3 times, my browser kept deleting it. Anyways probably not, Kickstarter doesn't really get involved once the project is funded. Kickstarter as a company is pretty hands off. While I like things like Kickstarter as a concept for startups / small companies / individuals to create cool things they wouldn't otherwise be able to do, it is a very high risk / low reward thing for the consumer. I pretty much go into every Kickstarter / crowdfunding project with the idea that I will never get what I'm paying for. It's basically like backing a concept / the idea of something in the hopes that it comes to pass, but with the expectation that it never will. This is probably why I've only really backed a handful of crowd funded projects. Two of which I've gotten, the other one has been in development for probably almost 5 years at this point and probably won't realistically have a full release for another 5 and may never actually be what was originally promised.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by brionen View Post
                I had pledged at the $300 level for their Black Labyrinth 2 Kickstarter, which funded in November 2013 with an October 2014 estimated delivery date. This was supposed to get me both the numbered and lettered versions, with matching numbers/letters if available. I requested each to match the copies I'd purchased for book 1.

A couple weeks ago, over 1 year after the estimated delivery date, and after being bombarded with numerous other Kickstarter/Indie-Go-Go/Patreon campaigns (a few of which I pledged), I finally got a shipping notice - followed by a note letting me know due to an error the numbered copy had been sold out so I wouldn't be receiving a copy. My options are a $50 credit or a free copy of the numbered version of book 3.

I couldn't believe it. After all that time and money - they sold too many copies to the general public after collecting enough funds to help get the book published. I definitely don't want a numbered copy of book 3 since I don't have book 2, and $50 just means I have to order more product from them. How hard would it have been to set aside the Kickstarter funded copies in their warehouse, since they didn't want to send portions in separate batches.

Adding on to that, half of the bonus books I received were dented and folded - they're reading copies at best - definitely not in new condition.

They produce a nice product; I was looking forward to the slipcased version new Clive Barker offering. However, I haven't ordered yet because this experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth. I'm really debating whether I want to do any more business with them. They seem more worried about promoting their crowd-sourcing campaigns (often through misleading wording - as noted above about the pre-orders for the Barker book) than any semblance of customer service or trying to remain on target with shipping schedules.
                Wow. I can definitely understand your frustration with that situation. It seems that people keep running into issues with DRP, which is a shame. Maybe it's a case of trying to do too much too fast.

I've been kind of turned off by the crowdfunding. Besides not having the money at the time of the campaign, that's the other reason I chose to go through Camelot for I Am The Abyss. It was $50 more than on the Kickstarter, but nothing comes out of my pocket until Camelot gets it in stock.

Comment

Working...
                X