Karl Edward Wagner's Kane series from Centipede Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I got lucky on Ebay awhile back and got mine for a good price ($75 plus shipping if I remember correctly). Some dealers are asking insane prices for it. Cheapest on Ebay right now is $400+ and Abebooks is worse at $600 on up. Last auctions on Ebay went for $177 and $300.
    I'm willing to bet you got Bill A.'s copy. I've gotten so many good books from him for at or below cover price.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      I'm willing to bet you got Bill A.'s copy. I've gotten so many good books from him for at or below cover price.
      Sure did!

Comment

Sub Press posted some sweet pics of the artwork not yet available on Centipede's site:

Kane_by_KEW_Interior_Five.jpg

A few more can be found here:

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p..._complete_kane
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Is... Is that guy going to be ok?

Comment

Is... Is that guy going to be ok?
            He might be, but I'm pretty sure it's going to leave a mark.

Comment

The art for these books look amazing! Centipede continues to impress with their books.

Comment

Jerad does a great job. Can't wait for the Fritz Leiber Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser set to come out! Have Kane books on order as well, hard to beat those original covers though lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  Jerad does a great job. Can't wait for the Fritz Leiber Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser set to come out! Have Kane books on order as well, hard to beat those original covers though lol!!
                  Oh man, they're going to do a Gray Mouser set? I think I need a second job...

Comment

I hope that's true, but it seemed like from the recent announcement that, at least the most current Leiber reissue, is going to be his sci-fi works. I didn't notice any mention of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser yet. Which I am okay with, I would prefer the Canadian dollar recuperate a bit before that set gets announced. But I do want it BAD.

Comment

Hi,
                      I knew I saw it somewhere, Newsletter 9/22/13. i don't know where this project is in the que, but like Winter, LOL, it's coming! Save more!!!

FAFHRD AND THE GRAY MOUSER
                      FRITZ LEIBER
                      A lot of requests have come in over the years regarding Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser by Fritz Leiber. Guess what? Hardcover rights are secure! Hooray! So the next question is now that I have it, what do you want to see? Right off the bat, it has to be individual books in a box set. Each book signed and numbered, there’s no way around that. An omnibus will be just too huge to hold. I was thinking 6 x 10 size, like my The Sheep Look Up — good size, not too large. And illustrations. Of course. The question is, who? Tim Kirk is the guy that springs to mind first for me. But what do you all think? People have strong opinions on this. I’d like to hear yours.

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for sharing the info. I also hope it's a little ways off to give me time to save up.

Comment

Thanks Mike! Back to saving up for a CP set again!

Comment

Just posted today guys!
                            "As many of you know, we are working on an 8-volume set of the complete Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser by Fritz Leiber, complete with all the related poetry, essays, letters, and other memorabilia that goes with this. I am trying to find an already typed version of the great essay by Fritz Leiber, “Fafhrd and Me,” without having to do all the scanning of pages. Would anyone have this?"
                            Wow, we are on a roll! I'm going to be broke the rest of the year lol!!
                            Mike

Comment

Eight volumes... Oh god, how much is this set going to cost?

Comment

Eight volumes... Oh god, how much is this set going to cost?
                                Both arms and legs. Gonna have to start storing nuts for the winter early this year!

Seriously though, sounds like there's still work to be done. It might be a while before these are released.

Comment

Working...
                                X