No announcement yet.

Movie Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Wing Fighter. Still the most badass aircraft/spacecraft in the Stars Wars universe IMO.

Comment

I read an article where a guy made a very strong case that there were on 2 good movies in the series, Star Wars and the Empire Strikes Back. Ewoks, Jar-Jar etc. sort of killed the rest. Found myself in agreement with most of what he had to say. However, Sap that I am, I'm sure I'll go see it.

Comment

Did it mention the horrendously bad dialog in Attack of the Clones? I decided against the SW marathon because I didn't want to sit through the I-III to get to IV-VI. That and the fact that it would start at 1am.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I never really understood the hate for Return of the Jedi. The ewoks are a little goofy, but overall I think it's a better paced movie than A New Hope. Though Empire is pretty much perfect.

I never hated the prequels as much as a lot of other people did. I never thought they where bad movies, just that they weren't particularly good "Star Wars" movies. Those movies suffered the most from the fact that George Lucas just isn't a particularly good director. The story isn't particularly bad, I don't really think the CGI is bad, where it really fails is that Lucas treats the actors as if they are props and not actors and doesn't really give them motivation or direction for their characters, just kinda tells them exactly what to do. I actually really contemplated the marathon, but I'd have to take off work for it, and I'm sure it's expensive. I'll just watch them all leading up to it, maybe like one a day or something.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/wha...too-1737539377 Have to agree with most of what this guy says! LOL!!

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            I never really understood the hate for Return of the Jedi. The ewoks are a little goofy, but overall I think it's a better paced movie than A New Hope. Though Empire is pretty much perfect.

I never hated the prequels as much as a lot of other people did. I never thought they where bad movies, just that they weren't particularly good "Star Wars" movies. Those movies suffered the most from the fact that George Lucas just isn't a particularly good director. The story isn't particularly bad, I don't really think the CGI is bad, where it really fails is that Lucas treats the actors as if they are props and not actors and doesn't really give them motivation or direction for their characters, just kinda tells them exactly what to do. I actually really contemplated the marathon, but I'd have to take off work for it, and I'm sure it's expensive. I'll just watch them all leading up to it, maybe like one a day or something.

Comment

I mean everyone's entitled to their opinion, I just happen the have the dissenting opinion when it comes to these things. I think "Star Wars" fans where just so soured on the prequels not being what they wanted them to be that they refused to see the good parts. I also feel that fans have put Empire on such a high pedestal that if any movie that comes after it isn't as good as Empire then it's just bad in their minds. Empire is pretty much a perfect movie and nothing is going to be as good as it, it's an impossibly high standard to hold these movies up to.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                I mean everyone's entitled to their opinion, I just happen the have the dissenting opinion when it comes to these things. I think "Star Wars" fans where just so soured on the prequels not being what they wanted them to be that they refused to see the good parts. I also feel that fans have put Empire on such a high pedestal that if any movie that comes after it isn't as good as Empire then it's just bad in their minds. Empire is pretty much a perfect movie and nothing is going to be as good as it, it's an impossibly high standard to hold these movies up to.

Agreed. The problem with movies that people have loved for 20..30 years is any movie you compare to it now not only will be compared cinematically, but the new movie has to try to beat the whole "nostalgia" factor tied to the movie you have loved so long and that's a) very hard to do and b) not a fair contest.

Comment

I agree with what you are both saying, to a point. Good parts, however don't mean good movie and ultimately that's all I want is a good movie. I feel that Lucas "gimmicked" the hell out of his movies and he didn't have to do that. I'm more than willing to give this try a fair chance, after all, what do i have to lose?
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    I agree with what you are both saying, to a point. Good parts, however don't mean good movie and ultimately that's all I want is a good movie. I feel that Lucas "gimmicked" the hell out of his movies and he didn't have to do that. I'm more than willing to give this try a fair chance, after all, what do i have to lose?
                    Mike
                    I don't really feel like the prequels are gimmicky. Lucas wanted them to be more kid friendly than the original trilogy was and the changes he made in that regard just didn't resonate well with Star Wars fans, and instead of him making changes to his vision he just pressed forward. At the end of the day though the biggest flaw with the prequels is that they are prequels. Prequels don't really work in anything because you know where those characters are going, you may not know how they get there, but you know where it's going to end, which kinda spoils the whole thing.

Like I said though, I don't really think the prequels are bad movies. I think they're passable, but because they are only passable they are an "insult" to Star Wars fans. As far as the new movie goes, I think it looks pretty good, and I'm excited to see it. I don't really have much to go on, but Lucasfilm has been doing really good things with all of their properties post the prequels. The animated Clone Wars movie / cartoon series was very very good, this Star Wars Rebels series has been really good so far, and I've enjoyed the heck out of all of the new cannon books / comic books, though I think Aftermath has gotten a lot of undeserved hate.

Instagram

Comment

Dan, I don't totally agree with your assessment that the prequels are "passable", a couple are, a couple are just terrible, however I wholeheartedly agree with you that he did in fact change his vision when he choose to kid the movies down. And that is where he lost me. I can't speak for anyone else.
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Dan, I don't totally agree with your assessment that the prequels are "passable", a couple are, a couple are just terrible, however I wholeheartedly agree with you that he did in fact change his vision when he choose to kid the movies down. And that is where he lost me. I can't speak for anyone else.
                        Mike
                        I think where the argument that they are "bad" movies breaks down is when you talk to someone who likes Star Wars in a casual way, and doesn't really consider themselves a fan. I've never met anyone who thinks of Star Wars that way that thinks the prequels are bad movies. I'm sure there are outliers, just like I'm an outlier in the fact that I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I don't think they are bad movies. Even if you just look at Rotten Tomatoes, the only one of the prequels that is "Rotten" is Episode One, which is arguably the worst of the bunch, and largely unnecessary, and it's still only a 57% which actually means more than half of the reviewers gave it a positive review. Episode 2 is at 67% and Episode 3 is at 80%. I think those scores are pretty representative of the quality, but none of them really scream bad movie to me.

Edit: For reference, Episode 4 is 94%, Episode 5 is 95%, and Episode 6 is %78.
                        Last edited by Dan Hocker; 10-23-2015, 06:52 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Looks like Japan got a different trailer than we did, and it has a ton of new footage.

Instagram

Comment

This is just non stop crazy. It looks awesome and I can't wait.

Instagram

Comment

Saw that last night on a special after The Flash resumed its season last night. It does look all sorts of crazy. I'll probably give it a try.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Ok, so that Suicide Squad trailer does look like tons of fun. I feel like it's gonna fall in one of two extremes for me: I'm going love it or I'm going to totally hate it. Same with the Deadpool movie, but I'm more excited for that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X