No announcement yet.

Chapbook Artwork Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I don't think stick figures will win so I'll pass on this contest.
    Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I want in. Do the front and back cover have to "connect"-as with "Riding the Bullet" ,or can they be separate and individual images pertaining the new and old.? My guess is a connected image, with blended edges but separate images. A little guidance please. Beambounder. Thankee Sai

Comment

Originally posted by Beambounder View Post
        I want in. Do the front and back cover have to "connect"-as with "Riding the Bullet" ,or can they be separate and individual images pertaining the new and old.? My guess is a connected image, with blended edges but separate images. A little guidance please. Beambounder. Thankee Sai
        They do not have to connect. In fact it's probably best if they don't connect. As there are going to be two separate votes, 1 for the front and one for the back.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries. Artwork is sooo important.
          http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

I've gotten 2 or 3 entries so far. I really hope we get some more, these have been very good and creative.

Instagram

Comment

I'm sorry if this question was already answered, but is the art already being posted somewhere, or is that happening after the deadline?

Comment

Originally posted by Treehugger View Post
                I'm sorry if this question was already answered, but is the art already being posted somewhere, or is that happening after the deadline?
                We will be posting the artwork finalist (which the CD staff will be choosing) up for viewing after the entrance window. Then everyone will be able to vote for their favorites.

Instagram

Comment

I can't wait to see the potential covers! If you can share....how many entries do you have so far?
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                    I can't wait to see the potential covers! If you can share....how many entries do you have so far?
                    Not many yet, 2 or 3 I think. I think we will get some more in, now that it has been in a news letter. I'm also sure we'll get more in towards the end of the period as artists work on their entries.

Instagram

Comment

I really have to give credit to CD for both the story side and the art side of these chapbook contests!! Great idea!!!

Comment

Fantastic Opportunities - This has been an enlightening contest, for both Wordsmiths and Visual Artists. Thanks, to everyone who submitted,judged,read,or just plain loves books..Beambounder. Happy Independence Day Constant Readers.

Comment

Got my entry in at the last minute, after my brother turned me on to this contest a few weeks ago. Looking forward to seeing the entries.

Comment

I have an idea: is it possible to do a full color chapbook of all the semifinalist art? It seems that if it were laid out nicely-it would make a darkling and contemplative set of limited chapbooks. Maybe put a percentage into The King's "Haven Foundation." It would be a great way to show the amazing art and illustrations contributed, Plus, we also contribute to a worthy artist/book illustrator foundation. I can see the "visual terror " art show chapbook, the works I have seen would look terrific arranged in alternating and or connecting bi-folds. It pays to utilize these works while you have them together. An art chapbook,like the old european ones from the 30's to 50's

Comment

I have another idea-what if SOME of the chosen illustrations for "Old Dreams, new Screams" might be utilized as interior illustrations that suit specific stories. Scaling down the "Benefits" which ,would be the case -for the going price of interior illustrations-at least in my experience ,illustrating the creatures from MARS for a H.G, Wells' version or"The Young Collector's Illustrated Classics" for" Kidsbooks." on Broadway and 24-25th in N.Y.C.
                              The cover was one lump LARGER sum $700- $1200 dollars;yet 90 interior detailed illustrations went for about $3000 for the whole interior Lot. Back in 2000-2001, depending on the publishing company, the cover and back are often done by one "In house" Illustrator and The Interior Illustrations are often farmed out-often at a huge profit to the publisher- to meet a final deadline based in layouts of where the illustrations go,and what they are illustrating nearby in the book. The artist is given a completely unbound galley with proportional square and rectangles ,numbered ,for where described visual images, are going to match galley outlines.These numbered manuscript boxes, correspond with numbered illustrations. Anyway it is another possibility ;interior chapbook image that just might accentuate, some chosen stories perfectly . Thanks ,I do not like to see good work unused.Or we could do folios,same "benefit strata "more artistic,framable works.

Comment

I'll think about it, I make no promises though. I can say that interior artwork on the chapbook just isn't feasible with how the chapbooks are made. It also doesn't make a lot of sense given what the price point on chapbooks usually is.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X