End of Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Think my pay-through-the-nose days are over.
    At least, I hope so.

Although....what am I saying here. I've paid through the nose for the PS Thinner (lettered) plus the upcoming Skeleton Crew.
    And will do the same when (IF!!) the lettered 'Salem's Lot is announced.
    Almost hope it won't be...

sk
    I've seen you ask this question several times and you appear to have been placed on ignore. Might be for your own good as ya say .

Comment

Not that it's that much of a collectible, but does anyone know (or able to guess) is the relatively ordinary Bill Hodges trilogy box set from Scribner's likely to be around for very long? On one hand, it's not from a specialty press (CD, PS etc., which is why I say "relatively ordinary") and so there could be a number of copies; on the other hand, while End Of Watch will be around for eternity, not everyone is going to want to buy all 3 books at one go.

I ask because I'd like to jump into that series, but I'm juggling a few potential purchases in the $50 - $100 range, and if this type of thing doesn't last long (despite its mass market nature), I'd have to take that into consideration.
      Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
        Not that it's that much of a collectible, but does anyone know (or able to guess) is the relatively ordinary Bill Hodges trilogy box set from Scribner's likely to be around for very long? On one hand, it's not from a specialty press (CD, PS etc., which is why I say "relatively ordinary") and so there could be a number of copies; on the other hand, while End Of Watch will be around for eternity, not everyone is going to want to buy all 3 books at one go.

I ask because I'd like to jump into that series, but I'm juggling a few potential purchases in the $50 - $100 range, and if this type of thing doesn't last long (despite its mass market nature), I'd have to take that into cofffnsideration.
        I purchased the trilogy (from CD) during one of their half price sales. Since it comes with a signed lithograph and the books have different jackets I think there will be some collectible value.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Contest announcement from veryfinebooks to get us back on topic. I didn't do the social media thing and only entered using my email but it still stated I was entered. I never win these type of things so it honestly doesn't matter.
          Win an End of Watch signed copy
          I entered that one too. Can't hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            I entered that one too. Can't hurt!
            Nope. Can't win if ya don't .

Comment

I ask because I'd like to jump into that series, but I'm juggling a few potential purchases in the $50 - $100 range, and if this type of thing doesn't last long (despite its mass market nature), I'd have to take that into consideration.
              There will always be some collectible IMO to any thing related to King. And according to a fellow TDT member; there might even be a variant of the DJs for this set. One in black, one in white. If you Google it, you'll see both. There is still some question however whether or not all the books in the set will be true 1st/1st and if the books themselves will vary from the true 1st/1st. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I too have the set on order from CD.

Comment

FWIW, I was just wondering if this set will still be there if I wait several months to pick it up (small goals).
                Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

FWIW, I was just wondering if this set will still be there if I wait several months to pick it up (small goals).
                  I don't see why it wouldn't be personally.

Comment

There is still some question however whether or not all the books in the set will be true 1st/1st and if the books themselves will vary from the true 1st/1st.
                    I don't see how there's any reasonable way Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers, as part of this set, could be called 1st/1st.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      I don't see how there's any reasonable way Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers, as part of this set, could be called 1st/1st.

I would see it more as 1st printing of a 2nd edition.

Comment

BCE showed up today! Can't wait to dive in.

Comment

BCE showed up today! Can't wait to dive in.
                          I have purchased each of the trilogy on the day it was released but have yet to read any of them. I figure I will probably read them as one story this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I have purchased each of the trilogy on the day it was released but have yet to read any of them. I figure I will probably read them as one story this summer.
                            I'm already about 100 pages into EOW which I never do with a book. Just couldn't put it down. I can say at this point that Finders Keepers is my least favorite and you could probably skip it and not miss anything. To me personally, it's more of a stand alone than part of the trilogy. Hope I haven't spoiled too much for ya. I really enjoyed Mr. Mercedes and EOW is a fast read right out of the gate.

Comment

I'm already about 100 pages into EOW which I never do with a book. Just couldn't put it down. I can say at this point that Finders Keepers is my least favorite and you could probably skip it and not miss anything. To me personally, it's more of a stand alone than part of the trilogy. Hope I haven't spoiled too much for ya. I really enjoyed Mr. Mercedes and EOW is a fast read right out of the gate.
                              You did not spoil anything. I will read the three as one and see what I think of them.

Comment

I did enjoy End of Watch. It ended up being my favorite of the trilogy. There are more to come.
                                Last edited by milton; 03-28-2018, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X