No announcement yet.

End of Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed copies available here, if anyone wants to spend $450 for it. Not me!

http://www.veryfinebooks.com/Product...ductCode=SK403

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      Signed copies available here, if anyone wants to spend $450 for it. Not me!

http://www.veryfinebooks.com/Product...ductCode=SK403
      If it was an older/classic title, *maybe*, but otherwise, nope.

Comment

Yeah that's a bit much for a new book. King's signature is ostensibly worth about $200 on a new book, based on what signed copies of his last few books have sold for.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
          Yeah that's a bit much for a new book. King's signature is ostensibly worth about $200 on a new book, based on what signed copies of his last few books have sold for.
          And the market will be flooded soon enough with these. Emmanuel over there is a good guy and all but man, his prices are through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            And the market will be flooded soon enough with these. Emmanuel over there is a good guy and all but man, his prices are through the roof.
            Yes, he must attract collectors with deep pockets who trust the provenance of his books. Me, I go with Betts Books. David will probably have signed copies for $250 or so.

Comment

Probably will shock most of my collecting peers here but I'm just not into collecting King's sig. Not really into collecting anyone's sig really outside of BJF. I know, double standard, sue me :P. Seems most non-King limiteds come with the author's sig anyway, but it's in no way shape or form a deal breaker for me if it doesn't. I guess maybe because I missed out on a time when you could go and get it personally inscribed while standing in front of the man. Albeit if only for a few seconds. But still, there is something a little personal in that. A flat sig or an inscription to someone else honestly doesn't do anything for me. Not banishing those you who collection them; we all have our own interest. I reckon I was just having a soapbox, thread hijacking moment. You all may carry on now .

P.S. And no, Mike! I wasn't being a dick . Sorry, brother. Couldn't resist .

Comment

Holy Crap lol!!! I'm watching you mister LOL!!!

Comment

Probably will shock most of my collecting peers here but I'm just not into collecting King's sig. Not really into collecting anyone's sig really outside of BJF.
                  Who's BJF, Brian??

sk

Comment

Probably will shock most of my collecting peers here but I'm just not into collecting King's sig. Not really into collecting anyone's sig really outside of BJF. I know, double standard, sue me :P. Seems most non-King limiteds come with the author's sig anyway, but it's in no way shape or form a deal breaker for me if it doesn't. I guess maybe because I missed out on a time when you could go and get it personally inscribed while standing in front of the man. Albeit if only for a few seconds. But still, there is something a little personal in that. A flat sig or an inscription to someone else honestly doesn't do anything for me. Not banishing those you who collection them; we all have our own interest. I reckon I was just having a soapbox, thread hijacking moment. You all may carry on now .

P.S. And no, Mike! I wasn't being a dick . Sorry, brother. Couldn't resist .
                    Not shocking at all. With the current premium being asked for King's signature on a book many of us have walked away from getting them. I have about 13 books with King's signature and have paid from $20 (Quietly now) to $300 (Secretary of Dreams). I love these books but with the current prices being asked for King signed editions I would not own them. I love what Cemetery Dance is doing with the Doubleday years and the fact they do not contain King's signature does not bother me in the least. On the other hand if the price was much higher I would not purchase them with or without his signature.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      Holy Crap lol!!! I'm watching you mister LOL!!!
                      I'd except no less, my friend LOL

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      Who's BJF, Brian?? sk
                      He's this one dude that has written some stuff, edited some stuff, hangs out at CD a lot, huge King fan......

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Not shocking at all. With the current premium being asked for King's signature on a book many of us have walked away from getting them. I have about 13 books with King's signature and have paid from $20 (Quietly now) to $300 (Secretary of Dreams). I love these books but with the current prices being asked for King signed editions I would not own them. I love what Cemetery Dance is doing with the Doubleday years and the fact they do not contain King's signature does not bother me in the least. On the other hand if the price was much higher I would not purchase them with or without his signature.
                      Great points, Martin as always. IMO, the lettereds are ridiculously priced but there is an obvious market for them as they seem to sell out within minutes of public announcement; if they even make it to public announcement. So can't blame the publishers for publishing them as this is just good old fashioned business sense; supply vs. demand. And if given the opportunity and I can afford it at the time, I'm seriously debating on getting The Stand lettered due to it being my all time favorite.

Comment

Contest announcement from veryfinebooks to get us back on topic. I didn't do the social media thing and only entered using my email but it still stated I was entered. I never win these type of things so it honestly doesn't matter.
                        Win an End of Watch signed copy

Comment

I'd except no less, my friend LOL

He's this one dude that has written some stuff, edited some stuff, hangs out at CD a lot, huge King fan......

Great points, Martin as always. IMO, the lettereds are ridiculously priced but there is an obvious market for them as they seem to sell out within minutes of public announcement; if they even make it to public announcement. So can't blame the publishers for publishing them as this is just good old fashioned business sense; supply vs. demand. And if given the opportunity and I can afford it at the time, I'm seriously debating on getting The Stand lettered due to it being my all time favorite.
                          I have no issue with the publisher producing them or charging what they charge, they just are not for me.

Comment

And if given the opportunity and I can afford it at the time, I'm seriously debating on getting The Stand lettered due to it being my all time favorite.
                            Sorry Brian, the one copy that will be left for the public announcement is MINE!!
                            I will send you some photos to drool over though!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              Sorry Brian, the one copy that will be left for the public announcement is MINE!!
                              I will send you some photos to drool over though!

sk
                              LOL! Remember, buddy. We're both apart of the insiders club Besides, you'll have to beat back the previous lettered owners to get a copy. I'm sure they'll get first dibs. Always the secondary market where you can expect to pay through the nose.

Comment

Think my pay-through-the-nose days are over.
                                At least, I hope so.

Although....what am I saying here. I've paid through the nose for the PS Thinner (lettered) plus the upcoming Skeleton Crew.
                                And will do the same when (IF!!) the lettered 'Salem's Lot is announced.
                                Almost hope it won't be...

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X