Swan River Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swan River Press

Heed my warning....And purchase The Mervyn Wall Fursey books before they are out of print. They are fantastic.
    "A lifetime's study and observance has convinced me that in the land of Ireland anything may happen to anyone anywhere and at any time and that it usually does."
    "nigh on forty years, and I can boast that never once have I indulged in the sensuous practice of washing."
    Originally published in 1946 and long out of print, these books are simply splendid. Great covers, fantastic product, reasonable price and only a 350 print run. Full of whimsy, medieval superstation, witches, the Devil, really do you need to hear more? Don’t miss out!!!
    Mike

I started buying Swan River titles one or two years ago.
    Brain publishes quite nice, small books. Not as small as the Delirium / Dark Fuse novella series, or Borderlands "little" series, but about the size of classic Arkham titles.
    In tone, Swan River books are akin to M R James or Charles Grant, and not at all like Edward Lee or Ray Garton.
    Titles that came out in the last 12 months include:
    OLD HOGGEN AND OTHER ADVENTURES by Bram Stoker
    THE SCARLET SOUL: Stories for Dorian Gray edited by Mark Valentine
    DEATH MAKES STRANGERS OF US ALL by R.B. Russell
    THE HOUSE ON THE BORDERLAND by William Hope Hodgson
    among others.
    Print runs are generally limited to 300.
    Nice press, run by an expat American living in Dublin.

Comment

The shared material is definitely great! Many thanks for the presentation you have left here!
      http://www.essay-for.me/

Comment

Originally posted by kevinspencer View Post
        The shared material is definitely great! Many thanks for the presentation you have left here!
        Okay...

I agree, Swan River Press puts out some nice stuff. I have several of their releases, my favorite is probably their first Peter Bell collection. They remind me a bit of Sarob Press when it comes to their selections and production qualities. Good stuff.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Swan River has definitely been on my radar but I’ve yet to pull the trigger on anything. I want to rectify that, but haven’t settled on anything in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinspencer View Post
            Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Okay...
            My guess is that this is a spam comment that slipped through. Sadly, it's not giving me any hints on how I can either increase my manhood, save money on my car insurance, or make money working from home.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              My guess is that this is a spam comment that slipped through. Sadly, it's not giving me any hints on how I can either increase my manhood, save money on my car insurance, or make money working from home.
              Yeah, I figured it was, too, but the lack of misspellings had me giving it just the slightest shadow of a benefit of the doubt that it clearly didn’t deserve.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
              X