Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Woman (With Bonus Novella!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[INDEXED]The Woman (With Bonus Novella!)

Author: Jack Ketchum & Lucky McKee
    Artist: Harry O. Morris
    Pub. Date: January 2012
    ISBN: 978-1-58767-253-8

"He is, quite simply, one of the best in the business, on par with Clive Barker, James Ellroy, and Thomas Harris."
    — Stephen King

The Woman (Featuring A Brand New Bonus Novella!)
    by Jack Ketchum & Lucky McKee

Update for Collectors:
    The Lettered Edition sold out within 72 hours of being officially announced.

About the Book:
    The Woman is the powerful story of the last survivor of a feral tribe of cannibals who have terrorized the east coast from Maine into Canada for years now. Badly wounded in a battle with police, she takes refuge in a cave overlooking the sea.

Christopher Cleek is a slick, amoral — and unstable — country lawyer who, out hunting one day, sees her bathing in a stream. Fascinated, he follows her to her cave.

Cleek has many dark secrets and to these he'll add another. He will capture her, lock in his fruit cellar, and tame her, civilize her. To this end he'll enlist his long-suffering wife Belle, his teenage son and daughter Brian and Peg, and even his little girl Darlin', to aid him.

So the question becomes, who is more savage? The hunter or the game?
    About the Bonus Novella:
    Cow by Jack Ketchum and Lucky McKee takes place a year after the novel ends, but to say anything else could spoil some of the surprises!

Published in two states:
    Trade Hardcover Edition bound in full-cloth and Smyth sewn with full color dust jacket ($35)
    Traycased Lettered Edition of 52 signed and lettered copies bound in leather with a satin ribbon page marker ($175)

Production Status:
    Visit our Production Update page for all official news and updates on this title.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

How many of the trade editions with the signature sheets will there be?

Comment

Seriously looking forward to this. Enjoy all that i have read of Jack Ketchum's and will be interested to see how this story goes with a co-writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        How many of the trade editions with the signature sheets will there be?
        736 copies were ordered during the promotional period and will have the signature sheet signed by both authors!

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Looking forward to this one. Hope to see the movie at some point, though it probably will be edited by the time I'd get the chance to see it
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Being a Lucky McKee fan, I.. I... I might even read this one... But I'd have to order it first. My brain is scared of being scarred by Jack Ketchum though.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
              Looking forward to this one. Hope to see the movie at some point, though it probably will be edited by the time I'd get the chance to see it
              There were a few VERY vocal critics of the movie at the Sundance film festival. I've not seen the movie (although I would like to), but generally don't appreciate critics who speak only for abolishing/burning of books, film etc.
              There are some boundries that can't be crossed (Pedophilia, bestiallity, murder), but other than those clearly established lines, I think the audience should decide. I don't want nor need someone else telling me what is "good for me".

Comment

I can't wait for this to come out for the bonus novella. I read The Woman a while back in one sitting. A good continuation of that series and can't wait to see where the novella takes it.

Comment

I check the production status of this at least once a week. I want to read this soooo bad. It's going to be my 2nd lettered edition of a Ketchum book and I even bought the trade edition just so I didn't have to wait as long to read it. And I won't watch a Ketchum film until I've read the story, he's the only author I've stuck to that with.

Comment

Since 2003 I've read one Ketchum book per year. To space them out so far apart from one another has been pure torture. However, he has so few books overall that I prefer this lingering method because each new (to me) novel is a gem that requires unequivocal admiration. This year's selection: The Woman. Just ordered the trade edition yesterday. And a verbal high five to CD for including the bonus novella! Definitely something I'd like to see more of in future projects.
                    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

Just watched the movie of this and can't wait for the book. I really need to read that short story...

There's gotta be a way someone can get me an ARC. Please?

Comment

Where did you see the movie?
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I might have obtained a not exactly official release copy.

Comment

Ahhh. Just afraid I had missed something. (I had the same expereince with the movie Heavy Metal in the 80's; it was only available on bootlegs for a long time.)
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just finished this last night.If you are on the fence jump in and order.The bonus novella is worth it alone.The woman was a great read.

Comment

Working...
                              X