Stephen King ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen King ES

Hey I have always been interested in the German copy of "IT" by Stephen King published by Edition Phantasia, Im just curious about what price range I should be looking for when I go on the hunt for this beautiful copy of IT. Ive also seen that when the book was initially announced it was through a typed letter from the publisher that was mailed out, if anybody knows how I could maybe get my hands on one of those letters it would be awesome to have along with the book! IT is my all time favorite novel and I'm working on getting the many releases of it and so far I only have a copy (in rough shape) of the Viking release and the CD gift edition along with the portfolio so that leaves the German and UK editions!

Stephen King ES

Originally posted by Chadkp View Post
    Hey I have always been interested in the German copy of "IT" by Stephen King published by Edition Phantasia, Im just curious about what price range I should be looking for when I go on the hunt for this beautiful copy of IT. Ive also seen that when the book was initially announced it was through a typed letter from the publisher that was mailed out, if anybody knows how I could maybe get my hands on one of those letters it would be awesome to have along with the book! IT is my all time favorite novel and I'm working on getting the many releases of it and so far I only have a copy (in rough shape) of the Viking release and the CD gift edition along with the portfolio so that leaves the German and UK editions!
    __________________________________________________ _______________

I sold a copy of one of the roman numeral copies (1-25) on e-bay about 15 years ago for $2,200 to $2,300 or so. I sent this copy with a friend to King to have signed and he refused. My friend told me I was lucky to get it back.

Comment

Available copies seem to hover around $1,000.

Also what's the story with this edition? My Google-fu is failing me today.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
        Available copies seem to hover around $1,000.

Also what's the story with this edition? My Google-fu is failing me today.
        It's a bootleg that King did not approve to be published

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/uklimited/it.html

Comment

Yea I was aware it was a bootleg but that just makes it like forbidden fruit to me is all which makes me want it even more :P Plus its a beautiful book and I have no clue why King didn't approve it. Theres a few copies floating around the net for sale that I've seen and they are pretty accurate with the $1000 price suggested. Anybody have any connections or anything on how I can get my hands on the original flyer advertising it cause I would like to get it framed to display with the book when I actually got one.

Comment

Crazy, never heard of this edition. Very interesting.

Comment

Yea it seems to be a very obscure edition not very known especially since its only limited to 250 copies, glad I could bring it to light for you :P

Comment

I like this edition, but find it way too expensive.

sk

Comment

Working...
                X