No announcement yet.

2015 Collecting Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say that applying mylar is much more important than slipcases, as far as protection goes. It's not hard to apply, and I actually enjoy doing it. I usually wait until I have a small stack to do, and do them all at once. Nice way to randomly browse your books, and I find it a good time to read a short story or two, or a few introductions etc.

Comment

I was pretty good this year. Of course a new job and a kid in college helped. Next year the only major purchase I see is Rambo ....and of course the new McCammon book. Other then that we will see. We just refinanced our mortgage and are looking at paying down debt. So I am going to be more frugal with my book spending. Again I am going to focus on getting my tbr pile down.

Comment

My 2015 goals were to spend less and have fewer books at the end of the year than I started the year with, by getting rid of more than I added. I failed miserably!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
          I'd say that applying mylar is much more important than slipcases, as far as protection goes. It's not hard to apply, and I actually enjoy doing it. I usually wait until I have a small stack to do, and do them all at once. Nice way to randomly browse your books, and I find it a good time to read a short story or two, or a few introductions etc.
          I've been fortunate that most of the books I've purchased on the secondary market via other collectors or bookstores have come with Mylar covers. The ones that haven't are still protected in bubble wrap or the boxes they were shipped in. So I'd agree; Mylar first, slipcases second .

Comment

I met some of my goals, others are still yet to be met. I received my first two remarqued books, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms and The Shining chapbook from Sub. Press. I also have two more on order that should arrive soon. I did not get a copy of CD's 'Salem's Lot artist state yet, though I did order the gift edition and also ordered the PS edition. So in that sense I did also buy more books for my vampire collection, though not as many as I had initially intended. My goals and collecting/reading moods always change as the year progresses and I did meet some newer goals, such as beefing up my fantasy collection and picking up my first signed King novel (Colorado Kid).

Comment

Working...
            X