Grave Tales #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grave Tales #7

Bought this a while back from the e-store on the site. Thought I would, as requested in the comic, give my thoughts.

First, I loved the issue. First time I read "Grave Tales" (and wasn't there a horror comic years ago with the same name? I know I have an issue of something called "Grave Tales," but I wasn't sure if that was some sort of self-published thing that found its way to the bookstore). However, I will focus on just a couple small criticisms.

To begin, "Tub" by Ray Garton is great. That was the prose story at the end. No problem with that.

"Rustle," by Joe Hill, was very cool and spooky. A great idea. However, this isn't a short story; therefore, whereas a short story, or even a short film, of this idea might not want to show what was beyond the mysterious door, as that might enhance the effect of the tale (and in the case of a short film, budget limitations would come into effect), I think a comic book, being a visual medium with no limitations in terms of effects, should have shown more of the hellish place that lies beyond the threshold.

The story "The Jungle" was likewise very good, but I sort of assume in that one they just took Gorman's text and copied it onto the page, and then drew pictures around it (obviously that is hyperbole, but I think the point is understood). As such, this, in contrast to the Hill segment, should have been allowed to stay a short story (or whatever it was to begin with, assuming it did indeed start out as something else) or, it should have been adapted in a different fashion.

Are there going to be more "Grave Tales?" I would like more issues produced. Maybe one that tackles a King tale, too.

Short answer about Grave Tales yes there will be more. Long answer I can't really get into much, but I know we've been working on it for awhile now.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Yeah I'd love some more Grave Tales issues. Big fan of horror comics, especially ones like these in the old EC style of short self enclosed stories.

Comment

Working...
      X