Other than Books, What do you Collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMG_7709.jpgIMG_7710.jpg
    I did'nt know what you wanted to see so I picked 2 that I really like that most people have never heard about. If there's something you would like to see if I have it,let me know. Theli would you pick 2 of your rare ones and post I'd love to see them. racerx45 Those soda dispensers are just the coolest. Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike
      “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
      — Roland Deschain
      Wanted
      The following Cemetery Dance ARC: Full Dark, No Stars, Doctor Sleep

Comment

Neat stuff guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16129[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16130[/ATTACH]
          I did'nt know what you wanted to see so I picked 2 that I really like that most people have never heard about. If there's something you would like to see if I have it,let me know. Theli would you pick 2 of your rare ones and post I'd love to see them. racerx45 Those soda dispensers are just the coolest. Mike
          Awesome, love me some Angel Dust (especially the early stuff). Brainfever I've heard, but don't own anything from them, should get some. Seems like you have great taste!

I have some older pics of some of some gems from my collection, though there's definitely more baddies that need to be added too.

The entire Halford fronted Judas Priest main discography, minus Redeemer of Souls which I still gotta grab, as well as 3 live albums, one is a promo (that's the picture disc that looks like Screaming for Vengeance), and one 'Best Of' (the one with the samurai), and two copies of Rocka Rolla from different labels (the other is stealthily hidden behind the first).

My entire 7" collection, or at least the majority of it, may have added a couple more since taking the picture.

And a selection of favourites and rarities:

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
            I have collected various things, most recently being books - not necessarily special editions, signed, etc. just books - hardcovers, paperbacks, and almost exclusively horror and sci-fi, with some non-fiction like science books (Dawkins, Kaku, Brian Greene), and some hockey bios.

I was collecting for a while, 1:18 scale F1 racecars of Jacques Villeneuve - I have almost his entire F1 career by Minichamps - but will be looking to sell these probably.

My biggest collection is hockey cards, but I stopped collecting in the early '90s when the market was flooded. I have almost every complete set of O Pee Chee from about 1979-1995, including some pretty valuable cards (like rookie cards for Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, and others). This is a collection I always wonder what I am going to do with long term.

I also have various hockey related collectibles that I have accumulated over the years too.
            Would you ever sell your Gretzky, Yzerman, Lemieux or Roy sets?

Comment

I also collect rubber devil ducks, but mostly books

Comment

There's actually a large variety of those things!

Last edited by srboone; 01-25-2015, 04:03 AM.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Movies!

Movies.jpg
                  “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                  -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

My wife and I used to have one almost that big, but after making the jump to HDTVs and Bluray, we looked at the cost of upgrading even a portion of our collection and decided that it wasn't worth it to us and ended up selling/trading in a bunch.

Comment

Hell no it's not worth it! If I'm not watching matches of the game I play I'm pretty much streaming Netflix.

There's a bunch of Blu-ray in there, probably no more than 1/4, but it's freakin' hard to get rid of them in this age of all digital purchases being licenses instead of ownership unless you're willing to hack the files, which voids your license. I've considered ripping them all but it's a mountain of work. Might be the best option, though.

I don't know how the whole oxidation thing is going to play out on the DVD's either. It's my industry, so I'm probably positioned ok to handle it if there's an issue. Warner did something cool a few years back where you could send them a WB DVD and a couple of bucks and they'd send you the corresponding Blu-ray, which I did for a good number.

But no, in the constantly evolving world of Home Video, this I do not recommend.
                      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Well you can use them for bookends.
                        Originally posted by racerx45 View Post
                        Thanks Martin, I just wish they were as easy as books to display.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Well you can use them for bookends.
                          That's a good idea
                          — Roland Deschain
                          Wanted

Comment

I collect miles on my motorcycle. I used to have a decent collection of handguns, but most were sold to buy the cycle.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              I collect miles on my motorcycle. I used to have a decent collection of handguns, but most were sold to buy the cycle.
                              Nice what do you ride?
                              — Roland Deschain
                              Wanted

Comment

Originally posted by racerx45 View Post
                                Nice what do you ride?
                                A 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600, bought new in '12:

Bird_Bridge_zpsfddb0aea.jpg

birdbridge2_reduced_zps57c80f52.jpg
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X