Other than Books, What do you Collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than Books, What do you Collect?

I've got a small, but growing collections of Walking Dead items, as well as some assorted horror figures/collectibles.

What about you guys?
    "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

I have a decent size movie collection, primarily horror. I'd estimate 1000 DVDs/Blu-Rays and probably 65-70% of it is horror. I also have a large music collection, around 1100+ CDs and 300 LPs, mostly heavy metal, probably 85-90%. I have a comic book and graphic novel collection, which would be hard to estimate, maybe 400 comics and 100 graphic novels. Lots of DC/Vertigo and other random occult/horror and crime comics, but an overall mix too. And lastly I have a large collection of Magic the Gathering cards. I've played on and off since 1995, two years after the games inception, but have been truly collecting for the last 10 years or so. Can't say how many cards, but I'm sure the collection is over $10,000.

Comment

What don't I collect? LOL I have art from, Ron Wood & Roger Dean, Yankee memorabilia, King of course and Tolkien. Plus, Christmas ornaments, Disney cels, need I go on? LOL LOL
      My Collection:
      http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
      Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
      http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Yeah i guess when you're a collector at heart it's hard to confine yourself to just one thing, haha.

Comment

Books are the only thing I collect nowadays. I've previously collected comics, movies (DVDs mostly), and video games.

Comment

I also used to have a decent size video game collection, I sold off most of it a year or so ago. Mostly vintage games, NES, SNES and Sega, tons of RPGs. Kept maybe 30 games. Can't give up Contra...

Comment

I've got a sizeable movie collection. I've got quite a few movies I'm proud to own: one is a DVD copy of the Japanese laserdisc of Walt Disney's Song of the South (Disney won't release it ever again--even though James Hackett was the first African-American to ever win an Oscar for, you guessed it, Uncle Remus.); and a VHS copy of the greatest film you've never seen, Long Gone with William Peterson and Virginia Madsen (consistently rated the #1 baseball film of all time by those who HAVE seen it). The original film elements were destroyed in a fire and it only exists now on VHS--until a mouldering copy is found in an underground vault somewhere...maybe...
              Last edited by srboone; 12-10-2014, 04:20 AM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Can't say I collect movies but I do have a lot of them. I have collected penguin items since high school but have never but them for myself, primarily Christmas tree ornaments and statues but other items as well.

Comment

I've kept a few for various reasons, but sold off all of the high-dollar games.

One bit of advice: CDs have a shelf-life, and it's basically now for PlayStation games. That's not to say that all PlayStation games are going to immediately stop working, but data degradation is going to start becoming a serious problem for folks that insist on playing from the discs (rather than through emulation). We'll see the same thing in ten years or so for DVDs.

Comment

Mostly comics and movies. I have a decent comic collection (around 3000) and my dvds/Blu rays collection passed 600 the last time I did a count. I don't really collect comics anymore but constantly find more movies to purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      I've kept a few for various reasons, but sold off all of the high-dollar games.

One bit of advice: CDs have a shelf-life, and it's basically now for PlayStation games. That's not to say that all PlayStation games are going to immediately stop working, but data degradation is going to start becoming a serious problem for folks that insist on playing from the discs (rather than through emulation). We'll see the same thing in ten years or so for DVDs.
                      Yeah it's a real shame.

Comment

I have collected various things, most recently being books - not necessarily special editions, signed, etc. just books - hardcovers, paperbacks, and almost exclusively horror and sci-fi, with some non-fiction like science books (Dawkins, Kaku, Brian Greene), and some hockey bios.

I was collecting for a while, 1:18 scale F1 racecars of Jacques Villeneuve - I have almost his entire F1 career by Minichamps - but will be looking to sell these probably.

My biggest collection is hockey cards, but I stopped collecting in the early '90s when the market was flooded. I have almost every complete set of O Pee Chee from about 1979-1995, including some pretty valuable cards (like rookie cards for Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, and others). This is a collection I always wonder what I am going to do with long term.

I also have various hockey related collectibles that I have accumulated over the years too.

Comment

These were all done by, Ron Wood of The Rolling Stones.

This is, Roger Dean...

I have more, Dean but here are a few Disney Cels....

My Collection:

Comment

Nifty! That Fantasia cell must be rather valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                              Nifty! That Fantasia cell must be rather valuable.
                              Oh yeah, and I have many more. I'll try to post them shortly.

More Dean...

Beatles Limited, signed by all four..,

Sorry for the lousy pics. A photog I am not!!!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Merlin1958; 12-12-2014, 05:34 AM.
                              My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                              X