Other than Books, What do you Collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron Wood, Artist proof, "Sympathy for the Devil"

I recently sold this, most ever paid to date for a "Ron Wood, original" and replaced it with this piece from, my buddy Roger Dean (again, crappy photo)...

Signed by the artist, one of twenty.
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 12-12-2014, 05:42 AM.
    My Collection:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
    Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Oh man, just lovely! I love Dean's work, big fan of Uriah Heep too, so I especially love that last one. I didn't realize these were originals, thought they were prints. Day-um!

Comment

Other than books I have a large collection of DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, as well as quite a few shot glasses. One of these days I might actually get some pictures taken of my shot glasses, some of which I bought myself, and some of which have been gifts.
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
          Oh man, just lovely! I love Dean's work, big fan of Uriah Heep too, so I especially love that last one. I didn't realize these were originals, thought they were prints. Day-um!
          That is "one of twenty" signed limited prints. I did get to view the original art at one time. The piece (Demon's & Wizards) is freaking huge!!! Like 5'x6' huge and had the wing of a monarch butterfly painted into the wizard's cloak. I viewed it on my initial visit to the gallery and the salesman took me to a "special" viewing room and served espresso. He was very good and whispered to me that since they were still finding the market for, Dean in the public he could cut me a great deal. $100,000 was the deal!!! I somehow managed to not spit up my coffee and bought the "Floating Water" piece on the way out with the promise to "think about it"!!! LOL LOL So, when he released this limited series I simply had to have one though the print is decidedly different from the original. Still, I just love it and look at it all the time.
          My Collection:
          http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
          Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
          http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Very cool stuff, Merlin!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1958 View Post
              That is "one of twenty" signed limited prints. I did get to view the original art at one time. The piece (Demon's & Wizards) is freaking huge!!! Like 5'x6' huge and had the wing of a monarch butterfly painted into the wizard's cloak. I viewed it on my initial visit to the gallery and the salesman took me to a "special" viewing room and served espresso. He was very good and whispered to me that since they were still finding the market for, Dean in the public he could cut me a great deal. $100,000 was the deal!!! I somehow managed to not spit up my coffee and bought the "Floating Water" piece on the way out with the promise to "think about it"!!! LOL LOL So, when he released this limited series I simply had to have one though the print is decidedly different from the original. Still, I just love it and look at it all the time.
              Not surprising. I've stared at some of my jackets for my LPs with his art for hours while listening to the music within. He has a very captivating escapist style. I honestly can't imagine Yes' Fragile and Tales From Topographic Oceans or Uriah Heep's Demons & Wizards and The Magician's Birthday with any other art.

Comment

Yes I do collect things other than Stephen King books...

Here are a few of my Vintage Soda Dispensers

“Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
                — Roland Deschain
                Wanted
                The following Cemetery Dance ARC: Full Dark, No Stars, Doctor Sleep

Comment

Now that's something you don't see every day! Very cool.

I collect Planet of the Apes and King Kong (1976) stuff.

Hunter

Comment

Those are very cool!

Originally posted by racerx45 View Post
                    Yes I do collect things other than Stephen King books...

Here are a few of my Vintage Soda Dispensers

Comment

Thanks Martin, I just wish they were as easy as books to display.
                      “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
                      — Roland Deschain
                      Wanted
                      The following Cemetery Dance ARC: Full Dark, No Stars, Doctor Sleep

Comment

I collect Barbra-bilia!

sk

Comment

I remember that Seip!

And you collect movie credits, too! You have 3 right now. Or are you up to 6?
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Only 3, Squire!

Siep

Comment

I collect Hot Wheels(about 7,000), 1/24 diecast Muscle Cars (about 150), The 4 inch tall acrylic Coca Cola Bears and LP's about several hundred 90% Heavy Metal. Plus Monte Carlo SS's of which I have 1. Thanks Everybody,Mike

Comment

I would love to see some of your LP collection. Got aheck of a metal collection myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X