Custom slipcases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom slipcases

Trying to find a good company to get some slipcases made -- I've found a few companies online, but loathe to give them my business without a recommendation. Anyone have a recommendation on a slipcase maker that they've been happy with?

I'm sure someone here has a few contacts. The only time I've purchased one for myself is from bookslipcase.com. They do custom made wood slip and tray cases. They do great work.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

There is a guy in the UK who does great work. Usually in the $30 range with shipping. His name is Jeff Whiley. I don't have his email anymore. I'm sure someone here can provide it for you. He can even do custom foil stamping but that will cost more due to the plates needed. Here is an example:

Comment

Looks like an existing thread had his e-mail information. $30 with shipping is a great price. I'm now contemplating one or more actually.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
          I'm sure someone here has a few contacts. The only time I've purchased one for myself is from bookslipcase.com. They do custom made wood slip and tray cases. They do great work.
          I can second that sentiment. Awesome cases, but a little more pricey.
          My Collection:
          http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
          Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
          http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
            There is a guy in the UK who does great work. Usually in the $30 range with shipping. His name is Jeff Whiley. I don't have his email anymore. I'm sure someone here can provide it for you. He can even do custom foil stamping but that will cost more due to the plates needed. Here is an example:

Does some still have this gentleman's email for slipcase inquires? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Does some still have this gentleman's email for slipcase inquires? Thanks.
              Sent you a PM.

Comment

Got my first batch of slipcases in from Jeff so I thought this thread would be a good place to post them:

SK 1st Ed. Slipcases From Jeff 4.jpgOutside Slipcases From Jeff 1.jpg
                Inside Slipcase From Jeff.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

Those are pretty great looking
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I think so too Dan but I really like the textured feel of the ones you guys produce over at CD. My Finders Keepers is scheduled to arrive today . I tried to delete The Green Mile slipcase shown above as that's just an example photo from Jeff that I accidentally attached :-/.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      I think so too Dan but I really like the textured feel of the ones you guys produce over at CD. My Finders Keepers is scheduled to arrive today . I tried to delete The Green Mile slipcase shown above as that's just an example photo from Jeff that I accidentally attached :-/.
                      Oh totally. I like ours as well, but it's just a completely different style. We tend to try and match the design of the books dust jacket instead of creating a cohesive look across all of the cases.

Instagram

Comment

[QUOTE=Brian861;77816]Got my first batch of slipcases in from Jeff so I thought this thread would be a good place to post them:

Those are really nice.

Comment

Fantastic custom slipcases! Jeff does an outstanding job, I must say!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            Oh totally. I like ours as well, but it's just a completely different style. We tend to try and match the design of the books dust jacket instead of creating a cohesive look across all of the cases.
                            Originally posted by Theli View Post
                            Fantastic custom slipcases! Jeff does an outstanding job, I must say!
                            And that's what I really like about the cases that you guys produce, Dan. I'd really like to see you guys produce more for older titles but I'm not sure what the demand would be in order to make it profitable. I missed out on some because I discovered you guys too late.

Yes he does, Theli! I'm really please with them.

Now the fore mentioned case that arrived today
                            IMG_1220.jpgIMG_1221.jpg

Comment

I think the Finders Keepers case came out great. Not my favorite of the King cases, that'll go to Revival, but still pretty darn good, in my opinion.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X