No announcement yet.

Custom slipcases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for the Combined Desperation/Regulators set, Green Mile Hardcover and Just After Sunset.

Comment

After seeing this post and the responses, I'm sure many of us deserve walk on roles on the Big Bang Theory, wow, LOL!

Comment

All of the above?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I voted for the Combined Desperation/Regulators set, Green Mile Hardcover and Just After Sunset.
          Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          After seeing this post and the responses, I'm sure many of us deserve walk on roles on the Big Bang Theory, wow, LOL!
          Concur!

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          All of the above?
          And most definitely concur

Comment

Was this slipcase produced by H & S for the U.K. trade edition and sold with the book or no? Thanks!

IMG_1278.jpg
            Last edited by Brian861; 01-08-2016, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Was this slipcase produced by H & S for the U.K. trade edition and sold with the book or no? Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17582[/ATTACH]
              Nope we made that one.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks, Dan. Before my time. Better hang on to that puppy then.

Comment

Really! I have obviously forgotten what my slipcase looks like. Damn this getting old.

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  Nope we made that one.

Comment

Should really talk the CD gang into making more of the U.K. editions

Comment

Should really talk the CD gang into making more of the U.K. editions
                      We've been moving away from even selling the UK Trades. They're kinda hard to get a hold of in bulk and they almost always arrive in pretty poor condition.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        We've been moving away from even selling the UK Trades. They're kinda hard to get a hold of in bulk and they almost always arrive in pretty poor condition.
                        I was thinking more along the lines of slipcases for the older titles like you guys are thinking about doing for the U.S. editions but I also understand that you guys are in the publishing business, not the slipcase business. And I'm not sure there'd really be a market here for it as I'm sure not everyone (King fans) even collect U.K. editions. Plus the older U.S titles are probably on hand for measurements whereas the U.K.s, not so much. But you guys must be doing something right. Browsing through eBay for shits and grins; folks are asking almost double the issue price. Not sure if they are actually getting it though.
                        Last edited by Brian861; 01-11-2016, 10:03 PM. Reason: Super bad grammer, LOL

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of slipcases for the older titles like you guys are thinking about doing for the U.S. editions but I also understand that you guys are in the publishing business, not the slipcase business. And I'm not sure there even really be a market here for it as I'm sure not everyone (King fans) even collects U.K. editions. Plus the older U.S titles are probably on hand for measurements whereas the U.K.s, not so much. But you guys most be doing something right. Browsing through eBay for shits and grins; folks are asking almost double the issue price. Not sure if they are actually getting it though.
                          Yeah, it's the per unit cost of production that makes it tough for us to produce slipcases for the UK editions. When we were announcing brand new SK titles from the UK publisher, we'd just barely get enough orders to keep the price reasonable for the UK slipcase. We don't want to charge a "crazy" amount for a slipcase, you know? I'm sure some collectors wouldn't mind the higher prices and would understand how production costs work (less volume = higher cost to us that has to be passed along in the form the retail price), but a lot of the more "casual" SK fans lose their minds over the pricing and it becomes a hassle for Mindy.

So doing slipcases for the older UK titles probably wouldn't generate enough orders to keep things reasonable, unfortunately. I, personally, really like my UK hardcovers, though!

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I hear ya, Brian and appreciate the personal reply; being a fellow King nut and all . I like a lot of the UK hardcovers (not all) vs. the US hardcovers myself but I only have a few on hand as I'm just starting my UK collection. If you want to get crazy and make me some one off UK slipcases, I'll foot the bill!

Comment

Dan/Brian - With the recent move to clean out the warehouse, have you guys by any chance come across any extra traycases for Legacies? My copy has a damaged case and would love to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by jsweet View Post
                                Dan/Brian - With the recent move to clean out the warehouse, have you guys by any chance come across any extra traycases for Legacies? My copy has a damaged case and would love to upgrade.
                                Yep. Send me an email.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X