Talisman 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talisman 3

Lijas library has confirmed that King and Strain are planning on writing this next year. So cool.King says it was meant to be a trilogy.

Per Ms Mod on the SKMB:

I'm glad you came here to get the facts. Steve and Peter Straub have always had plans for a third book. The speculation that it is going to be now was spurred because they were together at the book signing in NYC on Tuesday. That is not the reason for their getting together and no, there aren't any immediate plans to write the third book. They're friends who were getting together because they were both in NYC, nothing more.
    So it may not happen in the near future. Darn!

John

Comment

Strain confirmed that they were going to start writing it soon. soon. Rocky Wood says Stephen has it mapped out. So I guess we will see. hope it's true
      Originally posted by jhanic View Post
      Per Ms Mod on the SKMB:

So it may not happen in the near future. Darn!

John

Comment

Hopefully Donald Grant will release just a gift edition of the 3rd one and not a full new trilogy...

Comment

I hope it's better than Black House--currently my second least favorite King outing. I don't think anything can sink lower than the Complete and Uncut Version of my second FAVORITE King book...
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

At the D.C event, Mr. King did say that he knows the story of Jack Sawyer and he wants to tell it. He also said he wants to share the story that he has in his mind about Stu and Frannie.
            " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
            - Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              I hope it's better than Black House--currently my second least favorite King outing. I don't think anything can sink lower than the Complete and Uncut Version of my second FAVORITE King book...

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                I liked Black House very much.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                  I liked Black House very much.

John
                  Me too. Not as much as Talisman of course, but still a great read.

Comment

I thought "The Talisman" was incredibly boring, and it pretty much destroyed my desire to read the sequel. I eventually did because I found it for a quarter at a used book sale, and it's a good thing I did. Black House was fantastic and I would receive news of another sequel with eager enthusiasm.
                    "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

I have a hc (1st ed I think) of The Talisman sitting on my bookshelf that I got for $1 at a charity sale, and Black House. I keep not picking it up though....not sure why. I have other King's that I will probably read before that, but eventually one day I will probably read it.

Comment

The Talisman is still one of my favorite books period. Loved it!

Comment

It seems like it has mixed reviews. Same as many of King's. Insomnia is one where some people didn't like it at all, however I ended up really enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
                            I thought "The Talisman" was incredibly boring, and it pretty much destroyed my desire to read the sequel. I eventually did because I found it for a quarter at a used book sale, and it's a good thing I did. Black House was fantastic and I would receive news of another sequel with eager enthusiasm.
                            I enjoyed "The Talisman", but "Black House" is maybe my all time favorite King book!!! I too, am eager to see "T-3" come into print.
                            My Collection:
                            http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                            Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                            http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Working...
                            X