No announcement yet.

John Dies at the End by David Wong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the way the matte jackets look, as I think certain colors show up better, but they are extremely susceptible to scuffing.

Now the obvious question: When should we expect the announcement for This Book is Full of Spiders?

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      I like the way the matte jackets look, as I think certain colors show up better, but they are extremely susceptible to scuffing.
      Do you use Brodart covers?? Always use protection kids!!!

Comment

What I've noticed with the matte dust jackets is that most of the the time the scuffing is actually superficial and just wipes off. I'm not really sure what Theli meant by bubbling in the DJ though.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Do you use Brodart covers?? Always use protection kids!!!
          I'm in-between rolls at the moment :P. Also most of the scuffing tends to happen while the books are en route because the postal service is terrible and not every publisher and/or bookseller packs thing as well as the CD crew.

What I've noticed with the matte dust jackets is that most of the the time the scuffing is actually superficial and just wipes off.
          Huh, I'll have to try that. I've always been worried that trying to wipe away the scuffs will just make things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            What I've noticed with the matte dust jackets is that most of the the time the scuffing is actually superficial and just wipes off. I'm not really sure what Theli meant by bubbling in the DJ though.
            I guess I'd have to take a picture. It's in relatively small segments but the jacket has speckles of uneven surface, almost like small holes. To be honest it would be something you'd expect more on a glossy/laminated cover. As for wiping it off, do you mean with a damp rag? I've tried just brushing away with my thumb, but worry about using any liquid on a non-laminated cover would only make it worse.

Brad: As slayn666 said the scuffing tends to happen en route, even while packaged properly. Got my copy direct from CD, not a dent or crease on the book, just the scuffing.

Comment

20150802_000604.jpg

Comment

That was the back this is the front.20150802_000656.jpg

Comment

Looks like what ever type of coating is used to give the covers a matte finish is peeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16982[/ATTACH]
                    Book vampire?
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16982[/ATTACH]
                      I think a damaged one just may have slipped through. Send me an email with your account info and I'll send you another dust jacket.

Instagram

Comment

I'm in-between rolls at the moment :P. Also most of the scuffing tends to happen while the books are en route because the postal service is terrible and not every publisher and/or bookseller packs thing as well as the CD crew.

Huh, I'll have to try that. I've always been worried that trying to wipe away the scuffs will just make things worse.
                        Yea just use a very slightly damp cloth, then a dry one afterwards.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                          Book vampire?
                          I guess it's addicted to Soy Sauce!

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          I think a damaged one just may have slipped through. Send me an email with your account info and I'll send you another dust jacket.
                          Thanks! Sent you an e-mail.

Comment

I got my replacement DJ a few days ago. Much appreciated, Dan!

Comment

Now the obvious question: When should we expect the announcement for This Book is Full of Spiders?
                              I recently reread these and feel this important question should be answered .

Comment

I recently reread these and feel this important question should be answered .
                                Did CD confirm they were doing the second one?

Comment

Working...
                                X